Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

Just the monetization, which I hate. The 20 hero bundles for free are nice as someone who only plays casually though.

I have no problem with the monetization now, as I can get skins I previously wouldn’t even have considered (Infested Tychus for $15? Fuck no.) in a loot crate. I got a bunch of great ones.

As for skins like Demonic Tyrael, they revamped it. It looked like shit before and, IIRC, didn’t have a themed voice-over.

Yeah, I got several good ones out of the boxes…things I never would’ve paid money for but I kinda coveted (Old Marshall Raynor and that demon horse mount!)

I need that D.Va skin in Overwatch. It is critical to my well being.

Cute

I had a rough night last night so I didn’t end up streaming. However, played a few games. It’s just the Overwatch scheme applied to HotS

Didn’t get too many skins in my loot boxes.

But, I overall like the increased amount of skins and loot that drops. You didn’t get much for leveling characters in HOTS before, unless you focused on one. Now, you can play whoever you want and still get items.

But, the 20 free heroes is really awesome. I picked the tanks one, as I only already had 3 of them.

I will be playing the 5 friends matches tonight, around 7pm CST, if anyone wants to join me.

jtrowe at google male dot com to add to friends list

I actually have enough shards to get a legendary skin, but I already got the Diablo one I wanted and… nothing else really appeals to me. Or I already have it.

Most skins are pretty blah for most characters. There there is Jaina with like all good skins.

Yeah I reinstalled specifically to get that skin. I need Police Dva in my life. Did my 5 games last night, I’ll do 5 next week then probably quit again.

I looked at my recent games list before starting, they said “over 2 years ago”. I was playing LiLi and Tyrande. I guess I liked healing. 53% win rate!

Yeah, this goes for anyone though.

Game is free, this week only, 20 heroes are free just for logging in. So, even if you don’t play, if you have any sort of inkling that you might want to try the game out at some point, log in this week, pick the set of heroes most interesting to you, and log out.

This game is really relaxing, I like to get on with a friend and do humans vs AI on the veteran difficulty. Makes for a match we win 100% of the time, and is a fun way to learn new heroes.

If anyone needs the D.Va or Genji skin in overwatch, or the other rewards in the next weeks, and just wants to bum around playing 5 games with me, send me an IM and we can figure out a time.

• In-Game: Fixed an issue in which New Talent prompts could fail to appear upon reaching the next Talent tier.

@DantesWitness, I knew it!

This explains a lot. I was playing yesterday and picked my ult at 12 and was quite confused I hadn’t noticed it at 10.

Yeah, that has happened a lot to me lately as well.

Wasn’t following this at all, as I’m a terrible MOBA player - but 20 free heroes? And then even with my lowly player level 42 character I log into a wealth of goodies - 5 regular chests, 4 epic chests, free hero, free mount, free pet. Just crazy! It is enough incentive to actually make me consider learning to not be so terrible.

Hanamura makes me want to uninstall the game. It’s pure anti-fun.

I hate losing on it and I hate winning on it. Hell, I hate the art of it, everything looks like I’m on Low settings.

Big props for trying something different, but it makes old Haunted Mines look amazing.

Nothing’s worse than that BG. I think people are still trying to grok Hanamura.

I thought so until Hanamura. It’s just as snowbally and has the added benefit of making 1/4 of the heroes basically useless. Most high end players agree. They thought it was okay at first and then quickly came down on the side of “this map is complete crap.” Some think it’s salvagable, but that’s the only variation I’ve seen from them.

I disliked it when I heard about it, but playing it is actually much worse.

Edit: It might be bearable if they didn’t also reduce the maps in rotation. You had Mines, but it was fairly rare. Hanamura comes up constantly since the pool is so small.

High-end players opinions basically only apply to high-end players. The rest of us hoi-polloi are still learning how to effectively play Hanamura.

I wish it had more ambush points, and it really does reward constant communication. Overall, I think it’s fine.

Well high-end players tend to see something we miss. They’re basically saying we aren’t missing anything, it’s just a bad map.

If they were saying it was a good, then it would be a thing where we are missing something about it and time will sort it out a bit. But they’re saying that it’s always going to be terrible, because the map is fundamentally bad.

I still prefer Hana over Blackheart’s Bay vastly. I dreaded that map.