Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

There’s an option in the Bnet launcher to have it close the Bnet client once a game launches. I had a similar issue with Overwatch and that was the only fix I found.

Just a couple random thoughts on things to try for Wendelius. It sounds like a bottleneck or throttling issue. Obviously, no guarantees, just “might be worth a shot”-type shots in the dark if the problem is not easily Googleable:

• In the NVIDIA Control Panel, have you tried seeing your video card’s “Power Management Mode” from “Adaptive” or “Optimal” to “Prefer High Performance”?

• Have you tried setting the CPU affinity to a single core with a “High” priority (these are two separate settings, but both are accessed via right-clicking the HOTS process while it’s running in the Details tab of Task Manager)?

I’m having the same issue, I thought it was my old vid card. I dropped it to the lowest settings and it still stuttersfor half a second constantly.

I just want my Dva skin… so close…

Shot in the dark, but I’d also consider checking under the game settings (in the launcher) if you are running the 32 or 64 bit version of the game and try switching it just to see if that makes any difference.

Sometimes for inexplicable reasons one or the other may run better.

Thanks for the suggestions @LockerK, @Nut and @Becoming.

My card was already set to high performance in the NVidia Control Panel. But I’ll check and try out the other suggestions when I get a chance after work.

It’s an enjoyable game and I wouldn’t mind finding a solution.

If you are on Windows 10, I read some recent update also re-enabled the awful Xbox dvr junk again for many people and that can make performance suck. So you may want to check that also.

I’ve been plugging away a little at a time at this game. I kind of like the action. It reminds me a little of Diablo, and that’s a good thing.

Sadly I haven’t leveled up or gotten my first loot box yet. So progress for me is non-existent. I think it’s because I always get interrupted. I’ve finished the first tutorial level, but had to quit right after that, and in subsequent games, I’ve always had to go take the baby or go eat or something, and have never finished a game.

This is not a problem in the other games I dabble in currently (Lord of the Fallen, Don’t Starve, Mass Effect: Andromeda, GTA IV), but in this you need a nice chunk of time to actually make some progress.

I think (will need some time to prove it) the issue is solved.

I tried every suggestion above with no positive outcome (and, in the case of my i5-2500K changing the affinity to 1 CPU reduced the frame rate in half). The windows 10 DVR wasn’t running and settings in the launcher didn’t help either.

By then, I thought the F2P game was starting to outstay its welcome. But I had a TP Link wireless USB adapter going spare for another machine. So I disabled the internal ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N600 PCI-E Adapter I’ve been using for years and set up the USB one. And lo and behold, the game plays smoothly with no stutter now (120 - 200+ fps on Ultra).

I had read theories that the game engine was sensitive to network issues. Considering the router hasn’t changed and my computer and wireless adapter are in the same location as before, I don’t know if it’s an issue with the PCI card itself or the way it handles traffic that was causing the issue. But I’ll take it.

Wendelius

Decided to do ranked placements before season ends to try and get the raptor mount and…success! Platinum 3. Probably could have gotten 2 or maybe 1 if the team didnt’ go stupid in the pick phase on my final game…

It’s definitely a Diablo environment (the inn?), but I have no idea which hero it’ll be. Blizzard be stingy this time!

I was going to guess Deckard Cain, but then I clicked on the link and realized I’m terribly unoriginal.

One of the Reddit threads pointed out that some of the art work is very reminiscent of the original intro video to Mephisto in Diablo 2.

I really am enjoying the changes that have been made to Gaz. Lasers on your turrets? Yes please. Lasers that are worth a damn! Too true. Also, his melee build is finally worth it.

The next hero is Malthael.

Okay that’s pretty sexy looking.

The summer hero skins and mounts look awesome!

Noooo… no more naked Tychus!

I found this video, and I wasn’t sure if this was @DantesWitness.

Sadly, no. I can’t play Illidan. I am stuck with a generic name there because blizzard’s character limitation is one shy of allowing the use of DantesWitness.