Hex: Shards of Fate: TCG / MMO From Cryptozoic: Too Many Colons

So the flipside of that is: will the raids be the only part of the PvE you -can- play with other people? (I’m guessing probably so, balancing for a variable number of players would be…fun.)

New article up on the Hex site talking about the Arena of the Mountain God.

Crowd favor sounds intriguing, since it rewards you for “winning with style.” Interested to see how that plays out. Anybody remember whether the Arena is PvE, PvP, or both?

Wait wait wait, when they said this game was going to be a card mmo they were serious? There’s going to be raids? Dungeons? I’m more and more pumped for this game.

New update with a couple more stretch goals.

Three new raids, five new game boards.

Three free drafts (meaning 9 packs + entry fee) for all backers makes every tier look even better.

An extra copy of each of the PvE-exclusive cards is nice because it means you can get a full playset with two pledges instead of four, and actually build decks around those cards.

There’s quite a bit of additional value being added through the stretch goals. Everyone at Champion or above is getting the equivalent of 41 extra packs just through stretch goals by my math (5 + 12 for three-month VIP + 9 for three drafts + 15 for the Primal pack).

To answer my own question, looks like it’s a dungeon in PvE. Really think it would be cool if this dynamic could be worked into PvP somehow.

I suspect the reasoning behind the “3 free Drafts” is of the “first hit is free” variety.

Less than half the Pro Tier are now left.

I am thinking that a digital TCG is probably the perfect Kickstarter project. It is easy to come up with stretch goals that do NOT have to be physically sent to supporters.

BTW, how many cards are in a Primal Pack?

Since they don’t say, I’m assuming it’s 15 cards to the Primal pack, same as regular. Which means they’re worth about 15x as much as regular packs, which I understand to be 1 rare / 3 uncommon / 11 common, where most people count the rare as the important card. Usually you can pick up whatever uncomons or commons you need for very little.

Yeah, Primal Packs are 15 cards - all rares and legendary.

Chris Woods

I really hate to spend that much money on a free MMO, but the Knight tier is starting to look like a pretty great deal for someone who’s mostly just interested in the PVE and doesn’t want to go crazy spending over $100.

The Pro Tier is officially gone.

I wonder if people will actually jump up to the Grand King at 500 dollars.

The one thing I just noticed is that they already met their next stretch goal at 660k and are currently up to 713k or so. But no new stretch goal has been posted. I wish the new goal was up already so there is no temptation to make the next goal higher than they were originally thinking.

The disparity in popularity between the $250 tiers is dramatic. It’s also the most popular tier, period, with more backers than the reasonably priced ones, or the “optimal” King tier. Now I feel a little less stupid, since so many other people went wild with me.

Apparently, reading through the comments on the kickstarter many purchased two Pro Tiers (I guess they really like drafting - laugh). I think alot of people want to get 4 of the PVE special cards but I am hoping that becomes a stretch goal.

The company is going to allow people to combine everything into one account - interesting.

Holy crap. Last night half the pro tiers were left. That means the last 500 went today alone. I think they may have lowered the limit or somthing, because I only see 913 sold when the limit was 1000. Thankfully I upgraded before they ran out – I thought I had days left.

I am so jazzed about this game. I think the amount of content they’ve shared this week has convinced folks this is the real deal. I’m sold.

Anyone notice the stretch goals image is laid out like a booster pack? We’ve been working through the commons. I’m curious to see if they actually step it up for the ‘uncommons’ and ‘rare’.

They actually announced the next dollar amounts in the comments: $720K, $790K, $860K. Which makes sense: They’ve gone up at a constant rate for each set of three stretch goal cards (30, 50, 60, and now 70). Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the final set of uncommon/legendary cards goes for $100K per goal. Probably even a higher boost for the legendary ($150K?).

Oh, and the run on the Pro Packs was set off by their Twitch feed. They announced that the PayPal numbers for the Pro were high so they didn’t want to risk overselling. So they “merged” the numbers (i.e. lowered the KS number by the amount sold on PP), which made everyone jump in before they missed the boat.

People appear to be purchasing the Grand King now for 500 dollars.

WOW!

Anyway, maybe we have enough Pro Tier to have a QT3 league (laugh) and a card pool.

@Justin
I am glad they did specify the stretch goal amounts somewhere - that makes me feel better.

Yeah, I saw the writing on the wall on Pro Player several days ago so I made sure I had one of them. I might yet come to my senses (and there’s simply no way I can afford Grand King), but they were clearly gonna sell out long before the Kickstarter was over, so if there was any chance I might want one it had to be done early. I’m still wondering if they’re going to show the other $250 tiers any love. This should make it obvious that there’s a huge disparity in perceived value between them.

About half of the Grand King are gone - and only 4 Dragon Lord tier left (1000 a pop) - this is crazy! :)

A new starter deck as well.

I suspect that they will easily reach the next goal of 790k maybe by the end of the weekend (if people keep buying the Grand King especially).

At this point I do not think they will give any love to the 250 tiers as long as people are jumping on the Grand King at 500 dollars. Maybe if they are all gone (but that would probably just create a bunch of whining). I think they could do something like for $50 you get one power from one of the other 250 tiers or something. An in-between level between the 250 tiers and the 500 grand king tier.

Anyhow, I am feeling pretty good at getting my Pro Tier at this point. As others keep spending I keep getting more and more (and it is something I can use in the game rather than a digital art book etc).

Upping the value of the other $250 tiers would make the Grand King & up correspondingly more valuable. But yeah, they haven’t even addressed it in any of their updates so I suspect they’re just going to leave it. Oh well. I’ll just have to stick with Pro Player, I suppose. And bask in the shiny of each additional stretch goal.

Well, in about 30 minutes all Dragon Lord tier is sold out for $1000 a piece.

They are up to 770k so it looks like they will meet the 790k possibly by the end of the day (and might have already with paypal accounts).

I cannot imagine what might happen on the last day of this kickstarter. :>)

I thought the OGRE kickstarter was incredible to watch, but this is something else. And a lot easier to deliver being digital.