Hexarchy: light, card driven, 4x game, Civ clone

There’s no mid-game saving in single player, and even though games are supposedly short, that makes it a no-buy in my book. I’ll continue to keep my eye on it, and if that changes will consider a purchase.

Oh fuck that.

I see that there are at least three threads in the game Steam forums all with many posters calling for saves to be added. Devs have responded in at least one thread, maybe more. I have not seen them commit to adding saves, but nor did they push back against the idea.

I added my +1, telling that I would buy, but only if and when saving is enabled.

It’s true, no midgame saves. I didn’t even notice until my fourth game, because games go so fast. But they don’t go that fast. The last one took me 90 minutes or so.

Won’t stop me from playing obsessively tonight lol.

I didn’t get through the first tutorial stage when RL intervened and I had to abandon the run. I can only assume the full games will be longer than that knife fight map.

I dunno, full games still feel like a knife fight, lol. The standard time limit is 30 turns, or 100 VPs, whichever comes first. I kinda wish longer games were available, but that absolutely would require a save system. As is, my games take about an hour, so I can live without saves, but it certainly is an annoying omission.

I’ve lost one game but won the rest. I’ll try harder difficulty levels soon. One good way to get a challenge is to play the weekly or daily event. I did one, and I thought I did great until I saw my ranking against other players, lol. These events have different victory conditions, so that adds spice.

Anyway, I’m still really enjoying it, but yeah, they really need to add saves.

There are short and long options in the menu. Anyone know how many turns the short option is? I always liked the idea of 4x games but really only enjoy the earlier phases.

Looks like this has save game support on a test branch now

It’s about time! I like the game, but after 15 hours of playing shorter scenarios, I started venturing into longers ones, and I started to feel the need to save games.

Saves have finally been implemented, so I picked this up at the tail end of the holiday sale yesterday. Still working through the tutorials, but it seems pretty solid so far.