Hey, has anyone seen the new Star Wars?

I didn’t see any threads about it…

What’s this “War of the Stars” you speak of? It sounds interesting, I bet someone could make a cool space opera out of it.

here’s one

Well, you see, this forum is filled with people who hate Star Wars, and think the whole thing can be (as they say) fucked. But… they are compelled to continue talking about it.

Something I never really understood … Why do people get bent of shape when there are 8 concurrent threads about Star Wars or World of Warcraft, as long as they’re different topics? If that’s what people want to talk about, what’s the problem?

Hey, Funkman, could you please post a list of what threads I can participate in?

Am I allowed to post in threads about games I don’t like? What about TV shows? And what if I’m not sure whether I like said game or TV show? Furthermore, what if I haven’t even played/seen it yet? Then is it okay if I post?

Finally, since you’ve obviously been appointed forum cop, would it be rude to ask you to post a scan of your badge? Also, please scan and post any martial arts certifications you may have been awarded.

Anyway, looking forward to the list so I can keep things straight.

Yours,

-Tom

I don’t care if there are 400 topics about the same thing. Someone is a little defensive, eh? About the only topics I do care about ARE ONES WITH A FUCKING SPOILER IN THEM NOT THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT DRDEL.

The problem is that it’s totally overshadowing this.

I like having multiple threads. It’s much easier to follow a thread discussing something you’re interested in reading about instead of having one huge to sift through.

Man… talk about getting defensive. I didn’t even think you read my posts. Well either way, its an honour to get a snarky reply from you Tom. Guys have built their entire posting careers on that. Now if you’ll excuse me… I have some more forums to patrol (?).

Clearly the final, trilogy-connecting installment of one of the pre-eminent pop culture phenomena of our generation, one that has been around since many of us were kids, is only worthy of one thread.

Man… talk about getting defensive. I didn’t even think you read my posts. Well either way, its an honour to get a snarky reply from you Tom. Guys have built their entire posting careers on that. Now if you’ll excuse me… I have some more forums to patrol (?).[/quote]

You don’t get it F-man. By calling you a forum cop, Tom is, in a very roundabout way, asking you to be a close friend. All the Qt3 forum cops are/were close friends of Tom, you know.

Yeah… I guess I could make a Jon R. joke here or something, but I don’t want to risk it.

For the record, I have no problem with the tons of threads (I love talking about Star Wars), I was just making a joke that it tends to be the Star Wars haters that keep them up at the top of the page.

It was kind of hard to miss, since you raised the issue three or four times in separate places.

BTW, I saw two separate threads on Rise of Nations in the Games section. I think there were some people in one of them who didn’t even like Rise of Nations. You better get over there, stat!

-Tom

Ok ok, you caught me. Those other posts were definitely directed more at you. Can we still be friends?

Also, I’d like to turn in my forum cop badge (I think I’d be particularly bad at the job anyway) to someone else. Anybody?

bump

The Darkside is strong in this one.

“Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

You should probably just ban him for daring to question you, imo.

feel free to read this politics and religion forum thread.

linky poo

That has to be the best thread ever. So much better than the classic Y-Wing vs X-Wing thread.