Hey, hey, you, you will play Burnout Paradise again

Dude, revenge and takedown are the best of the series. You stopped before the best games.

Oh god, yes please. But I wonder if it’s possible to license all those songs again? The soundtrack on that game was epic. Each city had multiple radio stations, each with some songs in common with other cities, but most stations also having about a dozen unique songs not heard on other stations.

Burnout Revenge is the best one. It’s still good today. It’s so amazing.

No Switch version = No buy from me

Seriously, this game would be perfect for that system. EA is throwing money away with that decision.

Goddamn Revenge and Takedown are so fucking good. Paradise is bullshit and this Remaster is bullshit.

Wake me up when I can play Takedown on the Switch.

Wait, which Most Wanted? The 2005 one with Josie Maran and Cingular cell phone service, not to mention the super cheesy FMV and voicemails?

What we really need is another NFS Porsche Unleashed.

This one:

-Tom

No, that’s Weird Al.

I actually just began playing that because of all the love it gets from people, and I’m very much enjoying it.

I watched the trailer and honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the new footage and the original game. Which I had played again briefly a few months ago. Mind you, it was the PC version which obviously ran at a higher resolution + higher framerate to begin with and also–I presume–has a higher texture resolution than the console versions. 40 bucks is a lot to ask for this one either way, me thinks.

There aren’t many racing games where things you do do matter. Driver San Francisco, maybe?

Midnight Club: LA and Most Wanted, also, to me at least.

Is this the game with “party mode” where you take turns doing fun levels, and split screen, or is it the sequel that was without any if those great features?

I hate that God damned GnR song and I hate the DJ. Pass.

aw, the title reference is something by Avril Lavigne? I thought they added the Stones.

Ha, same here. Haven’t played the game, but I hear the Stones’ “Get Off My Cloud” whenever I scroll past this thread.

Yea, I have the entire album in my mp3 folder, Ocasionally pop through some of the tracks :)

Remember driving through Stockholm and there were some swedish songs… forgot if they also had localized announcers or not. Think I recall some russian guy speaking on the Moscow track that I never fully mastered.

Compared to PGR1, the sequel was a masterpiece :)

At least with the HD “remakes” of Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, Divinity, you got the update for free, and I guess they were actually updating stuff. Will be interesting to see how it is once its out, I guess Polygon will do a side-by-side comparison of it, and perhaps Eurogamer will have some political commentary thrown in.

I’m very jealous. I tried looking for that soundtrack. I even bought a couple of the discs they put out, but that’s only about 24 songs, out of hundreds of songs in that game. I then went looking and it was the early days of bittorent. Someone had had a torrent with all the songs, but no one was seeding it anymore by the time I tried looking.

Later when streaming and such took off, I tried looking for some of those Russian songs on the soundtrack, the Japanese songs, Spanish songs, etc. and didn’t have much luck finding them.

And yes, they had localized announcers. DJs from each of the 9 cities in the game. And local songs from that country. It really added so much flavor to the game.

It was pretty good, and quite challenging to climb that ladder.

I guess I get the Paradise hate because it abandoned a lot of what made the first 4 Burnout games great, but it works as its own thing.