Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Where exactly does backspace take you in this scenario? I am not aware of any back button issues at the moment. What are the repro steps?

Pfft!

ps: What kind of parser are you guys using that can’t handle newlines between [quote] and [/quote]?

Do you think Mark clicked a link to an earlier point in the same discussion? Those kinds of links are pretty rare.

There’s a lovely plug in for Chrome to re-enable the backspace-back functionality, cuz fuck their shortcut changing noise.

Let’s see:

looks good:

[quote]Not like this[/quote]

Something that came up recently in the “switching away from vBulletin” thread in the Games forum:

It seems that user profiles for inactive accounts were migrated to Discourse, but are no longer available to view (for non-admins) since the switch. E.g., for me, @Mink_Staccato returns “not found or is private.”

Is this something that can be toggled for ordinary users?

I think that is for spam account prevention reasons. However it is a borderline bug because this is an existing account which has had its email deactivated, not a new account of unknown provenance which has yet to activate its email.

Also, usernames like that are a back button trap. If you click the name you have to quickly double tap ‘back’ to leave the page, otherwise you get stuck there. And if you mess it up it’s very easy to end up going back way too far

Chrome 59.0.3071.125 on Android 6.0.1

Did something change in the fonts of read and unread threads?

Suddenly they’re starting to blur and I can barely tell the difference between them, whereas before it was easy to see at a glance. Today if there isn’t a number I’m having trouble seeing which is which.

I mean… I getting older and all, but usually degradation is a slow process not a flipped switch.

The font type/size looked the same, just the colour… are you referring to that? But yeah, both read/unread remained bold, which can be confusing.

Is it the color that changed? Or am I rapidly going blind?

I just know something is different and it’s either my eyes or the forum. I haven’t noticed it elsewhere and I don’t want to be blind so I’m assuming it’s the forum for my own sanity.

Edit: And that pic is a lot clearer than how it looks on my end.

I am sure you are fine… it is probably fine.

Edit: Giphy not working with the forums ruins so many jokes…

Edit2: Seriously, is there anyway to link stuff from giphy? It always just vanishes into the ether.
FeelsBadMan

Found the original. Joke saved. And by saved, I mean not at all saved, but my dedication has prevailed.

I have the same issue - it seems something in the colors changed?

I am reasonably sure that the read topics used to be unbolded and the read topics were the only ones that were bolded (in addition to the colors generally being different). All of this varied by theme choice, of course, but I’ve been on the default white and blue theme on my desktops for awhile now.

@Clay or @stusser can you confirm my recollection of the previous style is correct, and if so, can we get the read titles un-bolded again? It does make things harder to perceive.

I believe that’s how it worked, yes. Question for @clay.

Hmm. I don’t remember but I’ll see if I can fix it sometime soon.

Goddamn people love posting screenshots of Unread view in this thread, which obviously wouldn’t include any read threads. I had to scroll back more than a year to find this example:

https://forum-cdn.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/0e2e02e0648f6a002ae9ea5a16406e527d3acde8.png

Compare to current view:

I feel like the latter is much less clear :(

It is easier to differentiate between read (grey) and unread (bright white) in a darker theme:

I’ll fix it soon - maybe tonight. I’ve been busy lately.