Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Amen to this!

+1 … definitely a MAJOR improvement for me as I spent a lot of time accessing Qt3 via mobile and often have to wonder which thread I am reading … Thanks for this!

Nice, good call. Saves a button click on mobile to remember what thread I’m in. Especially with all the tangents you weirdos do! Haha.

Is that new? Must have come with the Discourse upgrade. Good stuff!

Insta- theme change is good stuff too

The Russian thread is broken. First time I tried to post was a 502 error. After that it just keeps saving and saving. Changing post content to simple 5 characters didn’t help.

I had the same issue, thought it was a problem on my end so gave up trying to post there.

I just posted there, no problems.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My guess is it’s just too long. If you want to make a followup thread, might I suggest “Russianchurian Candidate 2: Electric Boogaloo (that’s interesting)”, and link to the new one, I can close the old thread.

My post also failed there, so??? I know that Jeff used to say that 10k+ threads did weird things to Discourse though.

Experienced the same issue in the GOP thread just now. 1393 characters. Tried twice, got a 502 after about 30 seconds each time.

I don’t see your post in the Russian thread. Last post is still the judy one.

I’m getting the same thing (502 error) when trying to post in the animated gif thread.

I deleted it, after verifying it posted OK.

If the animated GIF thread is super long too, that’s probably the same problem.

I made a new thread to continue the discussion:

If there are no objections, maybe we could lock the old thread with a note directing people to that one?

Aight.

Sorry about the bland title.

You damn well should be!!!!!

You forgot (that’s interesting).

Looks like I can’t post to the gif thread. Is there something going on with long threads just now, particularly? Is there a common issue? @stusser

Yeah, maybe. I updated a day or two ago and the problems started then. No further updates available yet.