Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

jinx 1 2 3

Yes it does. Thanks.

I think that all the times it’s failed to post for me, it’s been from my phone.

Wumpus always did hate Android.

502 errored trying to post in the “decline to moral bankruptcy” thread. Posting from Desktop Chrome.

502 in the neo Nazis alt right thread

I’m going to try another reboot rebuild… Site will be down for 15 min or so.

Whither Dems thread withered away from 502 neglect. Anyone know if there’s a new one or if the existing one can be fixed?

Edit: FYI (if it might help) - I just got the 502 on that thread from Chrome/Windows 10

I can’t help but wonder… Was Wumpus like Desmond from Lost? Did his continued presence avert the 502 disaster? By not conforming to the Atwood Initiative did we doom ourselves?

You know I got you, brother.

Still happening. Firefox 64.0, desktop.

Yep. Still a thing.

I’ve been seeing this on a lot of posts lately. Any idea why?

Lower right of the avatar pic. It seems to be a nonexistent picture.

HTTP link?

Does that help? It’s not there in the link, funny enough.

Nope, https. And it loaded fine for me.

Looks like it must have something to do with the Patron flair but search me as to what.

Out of the blue, literally… Having been on the Solarized Dark theme since its appearance, my phone autonomously switched to the Light & Bright large fonts theme. I’ve gone to settings and saved the Solarized theme several times now, and the preference page switches, but when I go to threads, wham, back to light and bright. Just started happening…

Edit: I figured it out. Never noticed this quick access to themes had been added under the hamburger menu. I must have accidentally tapped Light & Bright, and apparently that overrides your saved interface preference. Selecting my preferred theme there solved it.

I added that a couple of months ago. Didn’t know it overrode your saved prefs, I assumed it set the same cookie.

Is there some reason I’m getting “502 Bad Gateway” when trying to post in certain threads?

Jeff always said that discourse doesn’t handle extremely long threads well. That never caused us huge user facing issues (though I think they may have been beastly on the hosting front sometimes?). However, a recent discourse update really fucked em up extra special good, and now many of us can’t post in them anymore, necessitating new continuation threads.