Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

COUGH COUGH @Timex COUGH

;)

Hush you. @Timex is grandfathered in. :)

Thatā€™s super useful! My edits are often just a single letter.

Apparently we can only quick edit our own posts. :(

Speaking as a person that never proofreads anything he posts, I feel seen.

Well you can.

Getting this weird problem on the main page today. Itā€™s never happened before.

ā€œSee 1 new or updated topicā€ usually doesnā€™t appear on that page, it only appears once youā€™re in Games, Movies, or other sub-topics. But today itā€™s appearing on the main page. And of course, clicking on it does nothing.

Try emptying cache/cookies/etc. If that doesnā€™t do it, probably a bug.

Iā€™m seeing the same thing @Rock8man man does, although it looks much cooler for me of course because Iā€™m using dark mode. Never seen those notifications outside the subforums before.

ditto here

Discourth giveth and Discourth taketh away.

And same for me now. Cache / cookies does nothing.

I havenā€™t seen it, but probably a bug. Iā€™ll update in a couple of days and thatā€™ll probably fix it. If not, Discourth givethā€¦

Me a pain in the ath. :)

I have a simple solution. Donā€™t ever go to the Categories page! What good is it?!

Either go to Latest (the one true way) or jump into a category, but the Categories page?

Why not? When you hit the little house with a circle around it in the upper left section of the page, thatā€™s where it takes you. Itā€™s a decent a shortcut back to ā€˜startā€™ as any.

You can change that to go to Latest, which is how the cognoqt3scenti read the forums.

I donā€™t read things just because they were posted a few minutes later than some other things, though. I like to group things by area of interest, which helpfully somebody already did by creating categories!

No no dear, Stusserā€™s explained, youā€™re using the forum wrong, and must leave nowendure this Discord bug as your punishment.

Thatā€™s fine, we donā€™t bar philistines from posting here!