Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

g u j o jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj o squad represent.

I can endure the bug, itā€™s very minor as far as bugs go. And Iā€™ve done the needful of reporting the bug so can now go on about my business of planning my next thread hijack.

I just upgraded, maybe itā€™s fixed? I was never able to reproduce the problem myself.

Still happening.

Womp womp. Will try again in a couple of days.

Iā€™m even seeing it happen on my iPhone, if that means anything.

I see this constantly, and its driving me nuts.

This thread is about this forum software right? If so, can I ask to have a setting changed? I normally do not read QT3 on the weekends. So normally when I get online for work on Monday, I will see something like 10 new topics. Then I click on new topics and it will show only 5 new topics. I am guessing a new topic expires after a certain amount of time. Can that be changed to like 3 days? Or maybe something else is going on.

You can set that for yourself in your preferences. The default is 2 days but you can change it to a week, a month, when you havenā€™t seen them yet, or all new posts since the last time you visited.

I think Ctrl-F now goes to Discourseā€™s search again instead of the browser find in pageā€¦ I quite like it but I donā€™t think it was intended?

Itā€™s always been like that. Just hit CTRL-F a second time and the browser find pops up.

I donā€™t like in the new search bar that if I want to search for a userā€™s posts in a particular thread, I have to click the ā€œin this topicā€ link before I type my search terms. In other words, if I search for an @+name, it removes the option to search in this topic.

How do I get to that preferences screen? I do not have anything with menus at the top like you do in that picture. I have a search, hamburger menu, and my user menu which just lists posts and messagesā€¦

Neverminded, I found it. Its under the user menu, and has an icon of a person, not a gear.

Really? Shows as a gear to me. Anyway you should be good there.

In threads with high post counts, I canā€™t search for and find my recent posts. The search bar only returns the first 50 posts in the thread. And I actually canā€™t even figure out how to use the advanced search feature to search in a particular thread.

If I go to the advanced search window and search for, say, all of my posts after 9/1/2021 in #politics-and-religion, it only returns one post, i.e. my most recent, in each thread Iā€™ve posted in since 9/1. I feel like this used to work.

I donā€™t think I ever posted this here. As I am bad at keeping track of it myself, adding this here as my backup solution.

The following tampermonkey script will give the site a wonderful font for reading. You could change it to another font too, I suppose, but I meanā€¦ why?

// ==UserScript==
// @name         QT3 Fonts
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  solid font for old man eyes
// @author       daagar
// @match        https://forum.quartertothree.com/*
// @grant        GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

var link = document.createElement('link');
    link.rel = 'stylesheet';
    // See https://fonts.google.com for all the fonts you can put here!
    link.href = 'fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Roboto:wght@400;500&display=swap'
    document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(link);

GM_addStyle('html { FONT-FAMILY: Roboto; !important;font-weight: 500 !important;.list-controls .category-dropdown-menu a.badge-category,.list-controls .category-dropdown-menu .dropdown-header { font-family: Roboto !important; }    .badge-wrapper { font-family: Roboto !important;} aside.onebox .onebox-body h3, aside.onebox .onebox-body h4, .category-list tbody .category h3, .names span.first { font-weight: normal !important;} }');
})();

EDIT: Actual working version (or at least what I consider working) thanks to @fox.ferro CSS skillz.

Roboto is SO good

I couldnā€™t get this to work :( It just defaults to the system font, not roboto.

Well thatā€™s annoying - it really is supposed to be cut&paste easy. When you are on QT3, do you get the red notification icon to show that a script is ā€˜activeā€™ in Tampermonkey?

Yeah I get that notification icon. The script is working - itā€™s just not giving me the font I want, not sure why. I donā€™t know enough about Tampermonkey to debug it alas.