Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

If you want to give another try enabling this feature I can help debugging if any issues arrive from it.

@Falco OK, I just reenabled that feature.

@arrendek @skipper @rock8man @Ginger_Yellow still seeing problems?

I havenā€™t seen that problem in a long time.

Right, but I just turned the offending feature back on.

Are there any updates lined up? Probably should be up to date before testing.

Iā€™m actually taking a VM snapshot now in preparation to patch to the latest version. Since we never upgraded postgreSQL Iā€™m really paranoid about upgrades as one day hopefully far in the future the Discourse devs are going to add some code requiring a newer postgres and then weā€™ll be SOL.

Anyway when the snapshot is done Iā€™ll upgrade and the site will be down for 8 minutes or so.

Oh crap. OK, Iā€™ll explore some place in MS Flight Simulator tonight and take some screenshots.

Uploading a 42MB JPG:

Looks like itā€™s working for me on latest Firefox on Desktop.

Upgraded to 2.9.0.beta1 ( fcae4a8faf ) just now.

Worked for me too back in December Falco, only a couple users had issues.

It does use some fancy stuff that is available on modern browsers (Rust and C compiled to WebAssembly, modern APIs to decode images to bitmap arrays, etc) but it should ā€œjust workā€ on any of the current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari.

The idea was to make it easier to long lived communities, like this one, to keep self-hosting without massive costs due to badly optimized image uploads while solving the exactly problem @arrendek said here:

Yep I like the idea and it worked fine for me in both Firefox and Chromium, but a bunch of users had issues back in December. Maybe changes since then fixed it-- lets see if people start complaining again. Usually that doesnā€™t take long!

Iā€™ve not had any issues of late. For some reason it was just on the one sub-forum at the time, stusser. Here I could post without issue. Certainly whatever you did back then solved it though.

To what Falco mentioned, Iā€™ve thought of recommending Discourse to a couple of other communities just for its advantages and constant update.

Stusser says he disabled the feature, and thatā€™s what solved it back then. But he just enabled it again today, so we need to test it again.

Yes thatā€™s right.

No issues for me posting screenshots from MS Flight Simulator.

The latest patch may have fixed my problem from 4 weeks ago. Most threads seem to be working now (sample size =5)

Yeah I was seeing something similar on iPad only (but without the jump, it would just start ~20 posts back), now seems to be fixed.

Great!

I donā€™t know if this just changed with whatever update was applied but I notice the scrolling dead zone I posted about in December seems to be fixed. Cool.

Still happening to me.