Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

That was happening to me on iOS 10 iPad Safari last night. It was forgetting my “read” mark when I left the topic, even after posting.

Wendelius, I’m the same as you. Moto X Play 6.01, using Chrome. Could it be a memory limitation?
As for making a new thread, will anyone be bothered if I start a new Presidential Election 2016 thread? :)

I’ve had similar issues but I don’t know if it’s ever happened while staying on the same “platform”. There are basically three ways I access QT3: desktop Chrome (work and home PCs, Macbook Pro), Android Chrome (S7 Edge), and Android Chrome homepage icon. I treat the latter as a distinct method, as you can’t go anywhere else from it (no address bar or menu button), so it’s not a fully fledged instance of Chrome, it seems. I wouldn’t be surprised if my issues were all going from one platform to another, though it only ever seems to happen when going to Android.

OK, if we can figure out any patterns here let me know.

As a general rule, I would discourage the ongoing support of 10k+ mega-post topics in general, unless you are completely adamant they “have” to be that large. These topics will punish low end mobile devices due to the way we are currently architected. On any recent iPhone (even a 5s) you should have zero problems though.

Slinks away from conversation, iPhone 5 in hand.

I feel it’s worth bringing this up as I really like this little extension more and more. It’s super customizable such that it’s not just a inversion of the site - I could make it grayscale with a tinge of sepia. The end result is a very comfortable reading screen to be read at night, in the dark. Thanks @Editer

You are not alone, my friend, :)

This change is now live, on mobile expand the progress panel to see full timeline and topic title. I also crossed it off the Migration Enhancements checklist topic as well.

Also the first post in this topic should be edited @stusser as advanced search options now has a proper UI, rather than a dumb infodump of “help” text.

I like that but the positioning is a little weird. A whole sheet opens and the widget moves to be other side.

Is that due to our custom CSS here?

Works really nicely on iPhone. Thanks!! I was just about to ask how we might make the topic title more visible on mobile.

Yeah, it’s very difficult to close on Android. You have about 2mm of space to tap in above the big white mass and below the menu bar thing.

And if you press the time at the bottom the overlay doesn’t close, so actually going to the bottom of a thread is now more difficult.

ANYWAY:

Hey, how can I get Discourse to show me pinned topics? I can’t find the gamerid/usernames/whatever post, but I remember it being pinned or something like that.

(I saw a new user post here and hovered over their name. It comes up with their steam name! I wanted to bump one of those other threads to let everyone know to do the same!)

I can’t repro this, it should look like this, is it an Android issue?

On mine.

The timeline persisted between exiting the thread and then coming back to it. Couldn’t get it to close then until I managed to get to the reply button…

That’s how it looks to me. I thought it was strange that the control jumped from the right to the left side of the page when expanded. It works just fine, though.

I’m unconvinced that it works just fine. I mean, yeah, now I can scroll, but it’s not like my screen is really big enough to scroll and read at the same time. And jumping down to the bottom is a few more clicks now. Maybe it will grow on me.

I see the issue, the “scroll bar” has 100% width here and should not, @sam will make that change soon.

Tapping anywhere in the broad expanse of whitespace on the right hand side should work, but like I said, that scrollbar has 100% width which is … bizarre.

Ok this is resolved now. In the above image, imagine the blue box is less than half as wide.

On the iPad, its a Huge white space of nothingness. Maybe I shouldn’t be using mobile view.

I’m getting it on Firefox, Windows 7:

When I click the “112/112”:

Make your browser a bit wider. Remember the hoi polloi here wanted a “wider” layout so it’s pushed wider than it normally is in a typical Discourse layout.

{shrug}