Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Testingā€¦

Yep. Unattributed quotes seem to be broken now?

test

I guess we have to use html.

Wow, I didnā€™t even know there was a Discourse app. How is that better than just using the browser?

I didnā€™t know thereā€™s one too but Iā€™d think it will be useful for push notification! Gonna try it tonight!

I canā€™t repro this, on my Nexus 5 test device with latest everything updates I can connect here fine:

This was posted from the app on my Nexus 5 in fact.

Just type

This

> This

See Markdown Reference for details.

How many times did you wash your hands after using a Qualcomm device? Seven times? Forty thousand times?

Qualcomm devices are great for people who hate themselves, so I feel right at home!

Admit it. You liked it. The way it fit in your hand. It just felt right.

Pervert.

also

Quote is a block level element, not a spanā€¦

[quote]
Test quote
[/quote]

So, I kinda like that there is an app with a single view of the 3 Discourse forums that I spend my time on. I think it would be better if each of the forums have a tab of their own where tapping the tap brings me to the forum without having to loadā€¦ much like the Safari browser that didnā€™t reset itself. With the iOS app currently, once you finished with a forum and want to move to the other one, you closed the current forum and load the new one ā€¦ not as user friendly or efficient currently.

Does the app have swipe thread titles to mute?

No, it is not really a native app into Discourse. It is just a wrapper around the browser base Discourse. I think it only serves as an overview of all your forums and perhaps get notified, although I havenā€™t received any notifications of topics I am watching.

The app works for all sites, however, mobile push notifications are only available on Discourse.org hosting because it requires special setup with Apple and Google to get it working.

Trying to understand how it works.

Okay got that part.

Howā€™d you do the thing with just the indent and the line?

Like this?
No, apparently not.

Hey neat, never knew about the horizontal rule.

Anyway, howā€™d you do what the commonmark reference refers to as Blockquote? The > technique just gives me the same thing as the [quote] tags.

You mean code fencing? You surround the text with three tics.

```text
    This is awesome.
    ```
This is awesome

this is a quote with >

This is with 4 spaces

This is inline code with tics

I have no questions.

Yeah, I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on. It worked on the last phone I had, but oh well. Iā€™ll try to remember just to come to the site using the browser.

It is quite amusing to see quotes broken all over the forum.