Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

It still occasionally happens to me too

You can keep your comments in that topic, so we have one place to look rather than 2, 4, 12. etc

What happened to Twitter links?

Those giant pixelated pictures are kind of distracting and creepy.

It is a regression cc @sam

Just fixed it we need a rebuild here and rebake on affected posts

I have no idea what that means, I assume that it will be fixed in an upcoming build?

Yeah, my interpretation is that they found and fixed it, and the fix will take full effect after the next maintenance window (“rebuild/rebake”).

So can we set the trust level for new accounts to something rational so that people can’t make an account and PM-harass people instantly? I mean it’s amusing right now, but by the 5th account I think it’s going to lose it’s luster.

You can’t PM anyone as a TL0 (new) account.

If you hang around for a bit, you can PM people. TL1 requires 10 minutes of reading (scrolling) time, 5 topics entered, and 30 posts read.

Definitely flag any weird PMs you are getting.

I mean I flagged them, but he’s just going to have his 4th account tomorrow, assuming he doesn’t already have one in the wings, though the latest one was only 5 hours old when the PMs started.

It’s still funny atm, so no rush or anything.

Share the details with telefrog or stusser in the flags. If there is a real TL0 (new) account sending PMs they can send me the details and I will look; that should not be possible.

I’m sure he just waited the 10 minutes and surfed some threads, it’s no biggie, it’s been sorted.

How can I do an advanced search for JUST CAUSE 3 , and have it only show me thread titles? I am getting 100+ results and not the damn topic I want.

Yeah the search is awful

It’s not if you know how to use it. Try searching in first posts only, if you only want hits to the first post in a topic. I will leave how to do that as an exercise for the reader. Hint: it ain’t hard.

First Post is far less obvious language than Topic Title, if you’re searching for a Topic Title.

We do need to add a title only search, I agree with that… the semantics of first post are similar but not quite the same.

Presented without comment:

That’s weird. I get the same result, but if I don’t check ‘In First Post’ then Just Cause 3 is the top result.

Also presented without comment, in first post, but with some highlights

Same search but if we add quotes around "just cause 3" …

The thing to remember is that internal search heavily prioritizes recent topics and it got kinda accidentally fucked by the “oh let’s pull in all blog post comments” which all came in as ‘new’ topics, about ten thousand of them. Over the years the effect of this should lessen.

That said, yes, we definitely need an “in the title only” search clause, the person I gave this to from the community wasn’t able to do it, and this is the only place complaining about it, so it hasn’t been prioritized.