Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Gawrsh!

Erm, my Preferences page is ā€˜private or doesnā€™t existā€™.

Mine as well.

same here!

In Wumpus-land, users donā€™t have preferences, only opinions that are not supported by data.

Logging out, clearing cache, rebooting, still broken. Paging @wumpus. Preferences page, I needs it. :)

Yeah, my user preferences page is missing also.

Same here.

Aha looks like it was a bug related to badges being disabled. That should be fixed now, apologies.

(What kind of animal disables badges? Actually Iā€™m kidding, likes is way more defensible.)

Thank you, sir.

Is there a way to find out my activity with another poster? I know I can look up another userā€™s post history, but is there a way to filter that history for only responses to me, or to threads I created, so that if I forget who someone is, I can go and see what my history with that person was?

If this has been asked before, Iā€™m sorry to bring it up again. I was looking for such a feature and couldnā€™t find it, although I feel sure Iā€™ve seen similar functionality on other social sites. I wonder if Iā€™ve just missed it here.

It is something I would like to offer in the UI somewhere but we donā€™t have it yet. I donā€™t think advanced search can even do that at the moment.

Is there a way to view a list of threads I am tracking? Also is there a way to view a history of threads Iā€™ve viewed? I often find myself going back to find a post I saw a few days back and it would be useful to see which threads I had viewed.

How can I get Discourse to not flush/dismiss the New threads so often? Iā€™m not sure how long they stick around for but I feel like itā€™s easy to miss some of them.

I believe duration of New status is under your settings.

For the last few days on my PC, posts by me are showing up as Unread in threads when I click the button to load new/unread threads in the Unread view. Unread no longer feels like a real word.

Obnoxiously, these persist! I made a post in the Welcome to Qt3 thread that was included in the new counter when I woke up this morning, for instance.

Woops, no, I forgot that I changed the ā€œautomatically scroll to my postā€ option to avoid accidentally marking whole threads read when replying to posts while still midway through reading the thread. Guess it is actually my fault this is happening!

I was assuming you were just automatic posting, channeling a spirit.

Has anyone else experienced troubles with the reply button when trying to post replies on mobile, particularly when PMing? Seems like there is an offset of sorts, where it registers as touching in the middle of the text box instead of hitting the button. Keyboard is not affected.

Moto G5, android 7, Chrome 66.0.3359.126.

Error usually goes away after clearing all programs.

I was trying to search for the board game Inis but search was pulling in anything that contained those letters, like posts with the word ā€œfinishā€. Any way to make that not happen?

Looks like word stemmer weirdness, it thinks you are trying some form of a different word. Might have to go with a google search, or you could try restricting to title, restricting to category. Putting it in quotes didnā€™t seem to help.