Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Quotes and a space, ie "inis ". Not perfect but better than nothing.

Hey thanks, that’s a good idea! Didn’t even realize Tom actually reviewed Inis until I searched this way.

Me either!

(ps I had to use google to find it)

Huh that definitely works. Interesting workaround, thanks!

An old trick for when you need to quickly find whether or not a guy named Nick ever played for Nickelback using only their Wikipedia page and your keyboard.

Takes me back to the days of using Yahoo.

I wonder how many months it will take me to learn the new way to log in.

It used to be
New Incognito Tab
type quartertothree.com
Click Forum
Click Login
Type UserName, Tab
Type Password, Tab
Press Enter

The new way is:
New Incognito Tab
type quartertothree.com
Click Forum
Click Login
Type UserName, Tab
Type Password, Tab, Tab, Tab, Tab, Tab
Press Enter

Just need to unlearn my older habit first. Needs more tabs!!!

But you can just hit Enter when you’re still in the Password field?

I don’t think that works in incognito window, does it? It shouldn’t.

Oh wow, that worked. I had no idea. That’s really cool.

The more you know.

Thanks arrandek.

You can selectively enable certain Extensions to work in Incognito Mode, including managers like LastPass.

Yes, this is also important to know if you don’t already and use a lot of incognito.

Is the old vBulletin forum still hosted? I remember posting a ‘review’ in the Classic game club Commandos thread, but can’t find it now. And now I remember when we were migrating, and we had that thread about migration problems, that I complained that the forum eat that post, somehow?

or perhaps imagined the whole thing.

Was it posted in the very narrow time interval (1 day) of the exact migration? That’s the only way it could have happened. I told the powers to be to go read-only during that time, as I recall, but they didn’t.

I think it was just really long?

It might be another Classic Game Club post I’m thinking of. If I could only find that ‘migration problems’ thread I’d know for sure!

You could simply run a search for your posts in the specific time range.

Also you can export all your posts from your user page and then search the resulting file you just downloaded.

Co-signing (again) in the event you rightly have P&R muted. Please don’t just point to the third party script again that 1) doesn’t work on all platforms 2) I can’t use at work 3) shouldn’t be necessary.

There is already a mute feature:

• per topic (don’t ever notify me about this topic)
  • per category (don’t ever notify me about any topics in this category)
  • per user (don’t ever notify me when user X posts about anything)

To set it up, visit your user preferences.

And, as has been repeatedly explained to you whenever you respond to this request in this way, muting is not the same thing as and does not adequately address the purpose of the ignore function in the prior forum software.

That’s not what I asked for, though. What do I gotta do to get your guys to implement an ignore feature? Turning off notifications isn’t what I’m after.

Do I need to stab a pig? Arrange for some Russian hookers? Or what?