Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

@wumpus can we get the true dark theme you mentioned on Mac Power Users?

You are thinking of someone else?

Whoops, guess so, I thought you were Jeff Atwood.

He is, but your post lacks a lot of context. Maybe link / quote that other forumā€™s post?

Yeah, I was mistaken. They were talking about Discourse, and must have mentioned him. Thought it was him. (Podcast called Mac Power Users just started a Discourse forum, and were talking to people who set it up.)

Sorry, late night falling asleep listening.

Ermagerd @LeeAbe the jank input detection on mobile is unbearable.

Also, what kind of monster wants to switch off of Solarized Dark? Madness.

OLED true black would be far superior.

Madness!

Also the only high-quality screen I have is my work MacBook so bleh. Bleh, I say to you!

Yes, you speak the truth at last! šŸ™‡ā€ā™‚ļø

Feel free to have them email me if they have Discourse questions!

Tomorrow Night (Bright) is true OLED black.

Thank you. Hadnā€™t tried that one because of the bright note. Looks great on my phone.

@wumpus

Is there any way to make a table here?

edit - nevermind, just realized I just donā€™t use markdown for it

That question came up recently in another thread and Discourse does support tables using the standard from some version of Markdown. I canā€™t recall which at the moment though. :/ But maybe you could Google it.

Yep, itā€™s the <table, <th, <tr stuff (with > after all those)

No thatā€™s straight up HTML which does work fine but there is a Markdown implementation of tables which you can use instead. But I guess it doesnā€™t matter if thatā€™s working for you. :)

Edit: Found the thread with the conversation here Suggestions for future improvements to our forum software

Son of aā€¦ Yep, youā€™re right!

Yes, Markdown Tables work. Follow the GitHub syntax for it.

Worth noting that copy and paste from popular spreadsheet programs just works automagically. Itā€™s great!

The current bug in Android Chrome that regularly borks this site (the only one using Discourse that I currently frequent) on mobile is driving me nuts, so Iā€™m trying to use Firefox, but now Iā€™m running into the issue that when using the @ character, I donā€™t get the nifty auto-suggest/complete with other usersā€™ handles that I do in Chrome. Any way to fix that?

I canā€™t figure out how to mute/unfollow a thread so I donā€™t get the message notifications anymore. Iā€™m the thread creator if that changes things.

I tried muting the entire subforum and that didnā€™t seem to work.