Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Notifications aren’t working for me again FYI @stusser. (Did you get one for this comment?) Sorry man, I know it’s not your fault.

Another rogue backup running. Fucking piece of shit software.

Working now:)

Yes, I fixed the fucking miserable piece of shit that was broken. Again.

tenor

I don’t even know, is this the general bug reporting thread?

Lots of avatars seem not to be loading at the moment.

Examples include:

Desslock
Khelavaster
AndyMcL

etc

384bd948a18f139f6f79063622653eef

You joke, but this has been his reply so far on my meta.discourse.org post regarding the problem. :'(

Apparently the reason we get random links into the middle of threads as search results is because QT3 has too much history and needs to ditch it’s emotional baggae.

Oh, I wasn’t joking. Most of the Discourse “features” that seem like they could only be designed by someone who’s never experienced a healthy adult relationship with another human being appear to have undergone a design vetting process best summed up as “fuck you make your own forum software.”

We’ve reached a point in history where nerds are creating excellent software used by a lot of normal people that are able to engage in open discussion with them. It used to be the nerds were hidden away at private companies behind businessmen, or the software was so obscure that the disregard for user desires was minimized to the hardcore.

I’m reminded of my experience with Atlassian tools for software development. Every time I think of a useful feature that doesn’t work, I do a quick Google search and find hundreds of people begging for the same thing, only to be denied by the developers who know better.

I know a guy from college who works (worked?) for Atlassian, and he’s exactly the kind of person you’d expect.

I’m usually late to the party and I only recently learned about the ability to mute threads, which has made my Qt3 forum experience even awesomer.

Hmmm, late to the party. How do I make that my moniker next to my username?

I believe Patreon members can message @admins to do it. Or I can just do it for you.

Note you can mute categories too; I mute P&R.

Gracias @stusser

Started running into a new issue last night that I saw someone else mention. When typing a reply, Discourse is sometimes erasing much of the reply. Seems to happen when it decides to auto save.

Same issue here, and it’s been mightily annoying and making replying to some messages impossible.
It’s pretty darn critical, as far as issues go.

I occasionally experience this as well.

Autosave doesn’t appear to be configurable, I don’t see anyone else with this problem on the discourse meta forums, and I’m a somewhat frequent poster and haven’t seen this problem myself. I’ve even had auto-saved drafts persist over browser restarts.

Can those experiencing it share browser/platform/thread info? maybe it’s restricted to the known buggy giant threads, or just the Samsung internet browser on android 8.0 or something.

OS X, Firefox 65.0.1 usually.
When it happens, it happens multiple times and make posting a reply nearly impossible. It isn’t happening all the time, happily.
Also “undo” doesn’t make the text come back.