Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Yeah, I’ve been testing a bit more since killing the tab, and haven’t been able to reproduce it again (and everything’s noticeably more responsive in general. I’ll just have to remember to kill the tab every once in a while to deal with whatever memory leak is going on, I guess.

I just upgraded, so hopefully some of the bugs related to the new ignore function have been resolved.

Wait what, the ignore function was not an april’s fools prank?

So posting behavior suddenly changed for me today. When we switched to discourse, I remember you fine folks helped me find a setting where I could post and not lose my place in the thread. I had to go into the options somewhere and uncheck jump to post, or something like that.

Well, starting about an hour or two ago, it’s suddenly jumping me to my post when I hit post. So I lose my place in the thread.

I’ve been going through Preferences, but I’m not seeing it. Does anyone know which submenu it’s in. Also, why did it suddenly change?

Should not have been an hour ago unless someone else updated, should have been a couple days. Unless your browser didn’t reload or something?

Anyway, the Discourse devs removed that setting, claiming it never worked right, and want you to use another one instead.

@sam: Nuke “Don’t jump to my post after I reply”, cause the implementation is bust anyway. We can later experiment with a proper implementation in a theme component

Well it clearly worked enough for Rock8man! :) You broke his workflow, man.

Yeah, they took it away and didn’t replace the feature. Unfortunate.

Wumpus lo vult.

I see, so the only way not to lose your spot in a thread now is just to not post in it until you’re all way done with the thread, I guess. No more posting replies as you catch up. Got it.

That’s a shame.

If you disagree with the change, I suggest posting in the meta forums asking for the feature to be fixed, or perhaps an admin flag to enable the previously “broken” feature.

Is this for the Star Trek thread? I know you were posting there whilst still reading previous threads. I’d already lost my place in that thread and didn’t have this now-removed option on, so I can’t post until I’m fully caught up :'(

Why does Discourse hate us so much?!

I run behind in a lot of threads. Lately it was Avengers and Game of Thrones, several politics threads, I’m usually well behind in the Epic Game Store thread, since that one tends to move really fast every time there’s a game announced for EGS. And yeah, in things like Star Trek and other TV shows, this feature was excellent because you could catch up late in the season, and follow along with the posts in a thread as they happened in the past.

I guess me and Pod and a few others will need to post. I remember when I complained about things in the past, wumpus’ reaction was usually the ‘you’re just one user, no one else wants that feature’ type of response. Where is this forum?

Stusser and I have both linked to it :P

However, I’ve just made a topic about it here:

Feel free to wade in and post your support!

Sorry, it jump-replied me right past your post. I didn’t even realize you had made that other post.

So, there’s an update to the Discourse iOS app and now Qt3 is showing as a really nice edge to edge full screen app (on a iPhone XS). It’s pretty nice.

It pretty much already did in Safari, just the little top bar showing the URL.

The feeling is different, having that “brighter” top bar URL thing. Discourse handled it better.

Example:

Yep, a little bit of wasted space. If that bothers you, godspeed.

Search on the mobile site isn’t working if I tap the magnifying glass icon, but works using the ‘go’ button on Gboard, or if I force the desktop site.

Moto x4, Chrome.

Same here!