High Frontier 3rd Edition PBF/Vassal - Remember the Cant!

Sorry to hear that man. Take all the time you need it’s just a forum game 😁

Aw, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon. No worries at all.

Yup, rest up. Space will still be there when you’re healthy :)

Ok, so I refuel, move my rocket to an adjacent moon and do an income op.

Over to @Grunden

UN ET produces both TW thrusters. I’m bristling with propulsion!

Event: Solar Flare! Only strength 1 though so no one suffers. Did some record keeping of exploitation tracks and VP tracks.

Back to @JoshL

I had to do my turn super quick, so I hope I didn’t goof it up. I boost and take off. Somebody should double-check it. No more turns until late this evening (Pacific time)!

@Matt_W up

Sorry guys, I have a turn kind of planned out, but haven’t had time at work today to fully iron out all the details of my plan.

OK finally took my turn. 2x site refuel isotope fuel with payment to my colonist for one of them.

@Juan_Raigada

Ok, first I ET produce (after decommissioning) my generator on my Bernal so I can promote it again.

But instead of promoting I pay 1WT for a science op, which gives me 2 claims on the second moon of Jupiter (UN gets 2WT as taxes).

This third V site allows me to pay 5WT as a free action to claim the Space Tourism Venture.

At the end of the turn, I get 1WT because Space Tourists are very generous.

Over to @Grunden

Screwed up turn above. UN ET produces another reactor and then peforms a factory refuel op with S isotype fuel.

@JoshL can kick us off on year 34!

Somebody’s gonna sell lots of black cards.

BTW, I was brownsing the HF4 bgg forums and found this WIP redesign on component cards:

Good to see finally some graphic design work done on the game

Nice. I like the stat blocks along the edge for compactness. it’s a pretty table hungry game as it is without having to have your cards spread out. Also less intimidating for the less nerdy among us.

I land on my comet and ET produce a generator. Survived the hazard!

@Matt_W up.

PRC refueled once with isotope fuel and then paid my colonist my last WT to factory fuel 8 water FFTs onto the rocket. Flew home for 2 fuel steps and unloaded the water into my depot.

@Juan_Raigada

Ok, so first I made a mistake in my previous turn. I no longer have a buggy robonaut, so should have claimed only one site.

Nothing changes, though, since I landed on the V site (so venture claim is valid) and I will prospect this turn (and thus UN can keep his extra WT for the last turn as payment for this one).

So I move my rocket to the science site on Europa, prospect, and pay 1WT to promote (again) my Bernal.

Finally get 1Wt for space Tourism.

This is how the moons of Jupiter look now:

Over to @Grunden

UN crew factory refuels rocket with water, then jettisons 1WT for favorable wet mass adjustment. My Swiss Army Knife of a rocket takes off. Afterburn leads to net 6 thrust with the Vortex Combined thruster and the VCR Light Build Fission reactor and with 3 burns moves back to Hygia via Jupiter slingshot.

Colonist ET produces the radiator on Hygia giving me my needed 5 therms for my fancy Zubrin thruster.

Event: Pad explosion/Space Debris (again!). No effect for anyone.

Back to @JoshL

Very simple turn, I just ET produce a robonaut.

@Matt_W up

I boosted my refinery to my rocket, then took off and landed at the UN’s unstaffed factory. Since we of the PRC do not recognize the laws of your western alliance, we see no problem utilizing what you might consider “your property” at unprotected factory sites. Helped myself to the UN’s fancy automated facilities to ET produce my robonaut (with my colonist’s help.)

@Juan_Raigada

How rude! (You hardly ever get to see PRC getting to use their faction power).

Ok,

First, I didn’t adjust my dry mass before moving the rocket the previous two turns, so I redid all the fuel burns with the lower mass I originally calculated for. It’s good I’m catching all these mistakes I’m doing!!!

Now, I outpost my crew at the science site in Europa, move the rocket (with new adjusted dry mass) back to the factory and do my ops.

My promoted Bernal allows me to free market a black card for 10WT.

Then I pay 1WT to look for ET life in Europa, but miss the roll.

Finally I get 1WT for Space Tourism.

Over to @Grunden