High Frontier 3rd Edition PBF/Vassal - Remember the Cant!

Why the dirtside?

Because I had the mistaken belief that total dirtside was worth some VPs.

For what it’s worth, I moved my Bernal (but can’t land on my comet yet, we’re not in red. But I could ET produce and promote my GW thruster… if there were time.), and industrialized Mimas.

@Matt_W up.

No more taxes to the filthy UN!

I didn’t pay them :)

PRC:

• Moved my mobile factory further out towards Haumea
  • Landed my freighter on LV-426 2002TX, using factory assist (paid finao) which makes it a TNO factory
  • ET produced my generator to my rocket
  • Paid colonist to factory refuel 8 FFTs
  • Flew the FFTs to LEO
  • Took venture income

I think @Juan_Raigada is nearly unbeatable at this point, but I’m making my best effort.

Yeah, I’m really regretting not paying 7WT to keep that colonist from him. That was probably my only chance.

And we should really have gone in on those early election auctions. C’est la vie. He’s really used NASA’s strengths to the utmost. I also never realized how much of a bastard NASA was until this game–their predominant strengths rely on denying the other players the ability to do things.

Yeah, I tried to get an early(ish) colonist going, because my previous experience was that the extra action was really powerful. But unfortunately the guy I picked was mostly only useful for getting income… and then he couldn’t.

Yeah, I was being a bit mercenary about that since it didn’t really effect me. Though that 5 points sure matters.

Yeah, I feel like you should’ve been able to leverage that early lab, but you couldn’t get any traction there.

Yeah I really needed the D GW thruster to come out a lot earlier, but it was all glitches and pad explosions and solar flares and no inspirations

I think I played the auction game pretty well. Unfortunately Juan got a working Orion going a turn earlier than I could get goinga and beat me to Europa (only Jovian lab I could land on)

If the wreckage of my expedition wasn’t still orbiting on a long trajectory around the sun…

There were a truly crazy amount of pad explosions. Most numerous event by far. Not a single budget cut.

Allright:

• ET produce robonaut
  • Refuel. Pay 1WT
  • Move rocket to Venus
  • Prospect. Pay 1WT. No UN Bernal in home orbit, so no taxes.
  • income op for 1WT + Space Tourism income.

Over to @Grunden

If I win (and I have a good chance, yes) it’s going to be because you rolled that 6.

Well, @Grunden rolled it. It was a team effort :)

Speaking of hazard rolls, I was a little premature in making a spacy colony with my colonist that prevented ring hazards. I had to push my luck:

• Rocket afterburns and takes off, heading back to Dione. Made the two ring hazard rolls (barely) with 5’s, and the aerobrake at Saturn.

• Landed on Dione and ET produced a refinery
  • Bernal ET produces robonaut and moves to Baednia for maybe another claim VP

Event: Budget Cuts! I lose my extra robonaut, everyone else can pick their card on their turn I suppose.

Back to @JoshL

I have kept an extra refinery around for exactly this reason.

I am curious why you didn’t go for your future star @Matt_W. You were in position to do it I think. You could’ve used your rocket to move a cube to the sunlens.