High on Life (Rick and Morty universe)

Maybe it’s my imagination but it seems the game runs better after today’s update.

I’m liking the exploration side of the game, finding chests, it remind me old school secrets in FPS. In the action part of the game, the game delays giving a second gun to the player way too much, that’s an issue.

Not your imagination, I don’t think. Sounds like they fixed a glaring visual bug, good news for everyone except John Linneman!

Well, I was talking pc, not xbox. In my case it was framerate jumping more than usual sometimes, apart from some shader stutter.

Btw, I just discovered the RLM guys are in the game, doing a commentary of Z series film.

The game look Cyberpunk-ish a times. Where’s V?

including dildos!

except they aren’t exactly dildos here…

I didn’t see an update, maybe I missed it. What he describes could be what was feeling so weird for me.

You can watch an entire movie on the tv, always humorous to me when they do this. I remember Max Payne had something like that

Took down a second boss. Had to go down to easy to do it. Doubt I’ll go much further. This is sort of ok but nothing about it grabs me. I gave up on Deathloop and Guardians of the Galaxy too. Not in the mood this year :)

Still, Gamepass.

Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a game as divisive as this. Review scores are all over the place, with some saying it’s great and others saying it’s absolute shit.

This is currently showing as the top selling game on Steam. So maybe the mixed reviews aren’t hurting them?

I haven’t had the chance to try it yet, but I’m hoping I can carve out some time this weekend for it.

Definitely seems like the word of mouth is overcoming reviews. Maybe because many of the reviews cover issues that were fixed in the day-one patch?

Guess this was a bad month to cancel the GamePass I’ve never used :)

Played for a bit today while the kids were at school, so I could use the tv and not need headphones. Haven’t run into issues on my pc or Xbox, but I’m just past the 2nd boss.

I’m enjoying this but I don’t think it’s worth $60. It’s a great Gamepass game, though.

I finished it.

It is a conflicting game, lots of pros and cons.

In the last part they actually try to be serious in a subplot of the story and well, I couldn’t care less. It ended up hurting the game.

And about the comedy part. It isn’t ‘funny’ generally speaking, or at least it is funny rarely, for me it’s more amusing/bizarre/zany style than anything else. Like Justin Roiland’s past creations it tries to shock people too much and you end up being numb to it.

I liked the art of the game, it’s a well realized cartoon setting with nearby ‘AAA’ video game graphics. Although it is clear they don’t have the budget really, and the game repeat environment too much.

For a game that is known for the unique ‘Style’, capital S, I actually think the gameplay is something more worth to talk about:

I liked the exploration side of it, getting all the chests, although ironically the part I liked more was before I got the jetpack, and I had to platform creatively around the scenario to get them, in fact I’m pretty sure I got chests like that I was supposed to get later with the jetpack, so now I feel I wasted my time and the game isn’t a good in this aspect as I believed, this device makes them trivial.

The combat has a nice quick pace about it, with decent move speed, the dash, the power slide, the hook, etc, I liked that. Alas, it never end up being something more than somewhat shallow, because you have both infinite health and infinite ammo. Add to that the the animations/gunplay doesn’t feel good enough, in comparison with the ‘big leagues’ of FPS.
As I said, it needs way too much time to give you more weapons, and despite the extra modes of the later weapons, I feel the game needed one more, judging it from a pure FPS perspective (I’m not counting the last fifth weapon you get for the final level). And well, a few more enemies would have been good, too.
In the other hand it has a good set of boss fights, perhaps the best I’ve seen in FPS in years. From one where the boss is killed in an accident at first and you fight in a trap he prepared as ‘vengance from the tomb’ to a psychodelic drug-fueled fight to bullet hell.

I thought some of the funniest bits were the “forums” you can read while in the suit, each location has different threads that unlock as you complete more objectives.

I have to say that I was happy when I got the gun that can pull things to you, and I was immediately able to kill that floating, annoying shit. I haven’t played since I started the other day, so my last boss was Krubis(?). I’m not sure what the correct strat was, but mine ended up being swinging around from bug to bug like a coked up orangutan, taking shots while in the air heading to the next.

I’m not far into this yet, but I’m surprised to see the negative reactions. This is my GOTY so far. It’s rare to find funny games where the funny works.

Seems like it’s pretty popular right now, I haven’t given it a try just yet but I have some time off coming up so I’ll definitely give it a look.

edit: really popular -

Apparently you can watch the entirety of Tammy & the T-Rex in this game. I highly recommend you do. It’s one of my favourite bad movies.

I literally started to do that last night. You hit a commercial break and then it stops playing. I’m assuming after I go do a bounty and come back, I will be able to watch the next segment.