History of the Amiga on Ars

They just added a new entry into this multi part series that started over a decade ago! Great read. I loved the Amiga.

If I had $2K to blow, I would be tempted to get an Amiga One X5000 just to say I had one.

I’m pretty sure you linked the wrong thing, my man.

I have been following this series on ars. The Amiga really was a magical machine and looking back, that was a magical time in my life. It opened so many doors, so many possibilities of what could be done. I wonder if I will ever experience something like that ever again.

I recall thinking, when someone was showing me all the cool new features of windows 95, I was thinking, “I have been doing that stuff for years, and doing it better.” It was a sad time because the Amiga was at the end of its life and at the time I was deciding weather to go with PC or Mac. The price point put me in PC land. I still feel sad about the loss of the Amiga, even after all these years.

I had an ST first too. I only got an Amiga when game support in the US for the ST started drying up. I loved loved loved my ST. It was super fast and was the last computer where I didn’t have a perceived or real need for a hard drive for that matter. I wish right now there was an Atari Falcon 2018 Edition to be on my desk.

Man, it was always bullshit how all the screenshots on game boxes were from the Amiga and looked awesome, then looked like garbage on my IBM PC XT.

Fixed the link lol. It’s amazing this series of articles started in 2006.

I had a hard drive for the ST. It was bigger than the computer.