Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

There’s an Hokkaido Snow Festival level out now. No blog post about it yet.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-13/

Easily finished the assassination to get the snow outfit, but am having trouble getting the pick

Did all the challenges. They were pretty easy. I couldn’t find the car battery in the level so I just brought in a taser mine. The dude visits the bathroom. Huge mistake.

I found the car battery, but I have no idea how to use it for electrocutions.

What doesn’t mix well with electricity?

Anwser:

WATER…and where is water? Bathrooms.

Right, I discovered my problem was that I was dropping it into puddles, which doesn’t work. Nor does dropping it and making a puddle underneath it. You have to throw it into puddles.

I’m pretty sure there has to be an impact. You can also place it in a puddle then shoot it.

Man, the Easter Eggs in this game:

It happens if you kill everyone in the map. The voice is that of bigMooney, a youtuber who makes “kill everyone on the map” videos with a Scottish accent so thick you could cabertosssomehaggisweeman.

EDIT: Or rather someone doing an impression of him, apparently.

He even has his own Escalation mission:

New Elusive Target active in Sgail. I’ve been running through the level trying to get some familiarity with it. I’ll try the ET this weekend probably.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/warner-bros-has-removed-the-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-from-hitman-2/

So performance may improve for some players.

Elusive Target was pretty easy if you just shadow the target and note her actions.

From the PS+ Thread:

Excellent video of How IO makes a Hitman level

I saw the Gold edition for only 23€, that’s cheap enough to buy it. Time to play!

Totally screwed up the Hokkaido legacy ET by choking a guard out just as another guard rounded the corning. I tried to hightail it, but it ended badly. Oh well, next time. I’m excited about the new ET coming up in Hawke’s Bay. I like this level quite a bit because of its size (tiny, so quick) and atmosphere.

I’m working my way through the Patient Zero campaign now (which I’ve never done before.) So much great content in this game.

First mission done, 5 to go!

I think that was… 2.7 hours of playing?

Holy shit there are 29 disguises in the Miami level. I will need 15 hours just for this level.
I feel in awe on the construction of these complex mini open worlds, in how everything seems real as it’s built in a logic manner. There are so many zones, but they don’t feel gratuite but well thought :

4 garages
3 paddocks
entrance area
vip area
locker room
security and server room
race stands, and food stands
podium area
drive lounge
emergency bay
race marshall area
hotel & garden, for the drivers
trucks area
underground parking and tunnels
maintenance areas
press area
kitchen
shop stalls
and that’s not counting the center expo, the offices, the marina outdoors, etc

EDIT: there are 48 named areas, in fact.

So I finally finished all the training missions and am on the first mission in Paris. Man, this game might teach me patience better than anything else to date.

Hah hah, yeah.

My advice, try to not play it like a videogame, trying to complete directly whatever assigned objective the moment you start a level. Play it in this more leisure way:

-First, play it like a civilian. In most levels you pass up for a tourist, or patient, or someone who went to see the fashion pass, so play that role, just exploring the ‘civilian’ parts of the level. Start to note the layout, how zones are connected, where are the entrances to the areas you aren’t allowed to enter, what and where are items you can take, listen to npcs conversations (there are some that open up the mission stories/opportunities, others are give game-related hints, and others that just add to to the lore or are funny!). It’s virtual tourism. It also helps IO has the best art design in architecture/set design/industrial design of the industry. One of these days I want to make a post about it, but I would need to make several dozens of screenshots for that, I’m delaying it because of that.

-Second, start getting disguises, and finish exploring the level, going to the prohibited areas. You are still in the virtual tourism phase, don’t rush to the targets. Note the items, the things you can interact with, special things that clearly are intended to kill a target in a special way even if you still can’t use it because it needs other stuff, where each disguise can go, listen the conversations, etc.

-Third, follow the targets once, just to see what is their complete loop of actions that repeat, and it’s always interesting listening to what they say in some places.

-Fourth, ok NOW it’s time to actually play the damn game, and try to kill the targets!