Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

September!

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-september-roadmap/

New location: Haven Island in the Maldives

Impressions are coming from people playing the new level, and they are pretty positive, most are liking it more than then Bank level.

It is cool but definitely feels more derivative than the bank.

It is another hotel with a compound but has different areas. My first impression is it is basically Thailand meets Columbia.

I agree it’s not that different from the other levels, you can only reinvent the wheel so many times, but it does look very nice and it’s a masterclass in Hitman level design.

The devil is in the details, though. Just like the previous DLC, there are some subtle new elements:

• There are shallow waters, so you can kill unconscious targets just by dragging them into it. It’s “an accident” too.
  • Floor traps that can also trigger an accident.
  • One special item can give you easy access to all targets if you play your cards right…
  • Changing weather.
  • Bananas! Half thrown weapon/half accident waiting to happen when peeled
  • New item: Emetic pistol. Seems extremely useful for isolating targets. Maybe too good?
  • New item: Poison dagger. Two items in one!

Not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but the emetic pistol is totally OP. It is so much easier to use stealthily and comes with two shots. The target can be in a crowd of people. Doesn’t matter. As long as you are out of sight when you pop them.

October Roadmap:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-october-roadmap/

IOI is to start working on a new game, presumably a new IP:

https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-wbie-partnership/

As far as I know, though, there’s still a Hitman season 3 in the works too.

Just further proving that there is no hope, no escape from fate once the briefcase has been primed and launched, haha. Spoilered the video because the framing for thumbnail could be interpreted as a bit NSFW.

You guys, I finally finished the first Paris level after maybe four total hours and a dozen or so attempts. Those mission stories really, really help. Now that I’ve finished it I can’t wait to play more. It was just so satisfying.

I’ve had this in my backlog for probably 10 months. I really need to play it.

I forgot I started this, don’t really now why I stopped since I love it. But what is the roadmap thingie? I’ve just been going about the Campaign missions so far.

I have about 500 hours on this game, and like sub 10 posts in this thread. (actually over 30 but it feels less)

1 year since release and I’ve still only played the tutorial mission! D:

Don’t feel bad, I just passed the first Paris mission a week or so ago.

Filthy casuals.

I’m not sure if I got to the third or just the second map. What’s the one where you kill the guy with the ejector seat?

-Tom

Tom that’s the 2nd tutorial mission of Hitman 1 (2016), at the russian airbase.

:|

What are we talking about again?

-Tom

From what this sounds like, this is going to be the “final” big content update and patch. Elusive Targets for Season 2 are already over (there was like, what, four of them?). The team are gradually being moved to Season 3 and whatever the new mystery game is going to be.

+1 for adding the Eyes Wide Shut suit.