Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

Which I would be fine with:)

I am probably never gonna play ghost mode, but I think it is an interesting thing from design perspective and welcome its inclusion if it can mean more people playing Hitman.

I still miss Jesper Kyd though. These new Hitman games are never gonna have the atmosphere of the classics if he is missing.

Why is he holding a cupcake? : Come on guys, he’s killing people and holding cupcake?

I don’t want to get spoiled on all the locations, sheesh.

Competitive smarting!

Well, I’m hyped about this one. I got the Gold version on pre-order, and I’m not usually a “preorderer” at all.

Hitman 2 was harder to make without Square Enix backing apparently.

I’m going to blunt. I expect this to get buried this season, and IOI will be hurting.

I don’t know. Their only real mistake is releasing so soon after RDR2. I actually have been more excited about Hitman 2 than anything else coming out this fall. Battlefield 5 and Codblops4 are all multiplayer franchises that will get the players they were always gonna get. I don’t think they’ll bleed too much from Hitman’s fanbase. Fallout 76 is going to be a shitshow that will go down in flames. People are done with Tomb Raider and Spiderman. RDR is the only real competition.

I think that’s actually part of the problem. I think hardcore stealth assassination sandbox sims have niche appeal. At least, for day 1 $60 players.

I’ll be picking it up at launch, but like your prediction about Fallout 76’s success in the other thread, I suspect you’ll be correct. I really hope it’s a huge hit for IO as it would be tragic to lose Hitman, especially when the series has never been better.

Well I love the idea anyway. I think it’ll be one of the first times where a sequel becomes a part of the previous game in the same executable, although it didn’t quite happen the way it was supposed to. That makes Hitman 2 more exciting to me than RDR2. Any word if some items cross over?

I mean, why hasn’t it happened before? I’ve been thinking for a long time now: “there’s a whole bunch of Megaman games that all have similar assets, why not make one bigass game with all 8 of the classic games and let you mix and match boss weapons and levels?” Yes, they’ve dipped their toes in the water a bit with the idea, but they’ve never really went with it.

Maniac Mansion → Day of the Tentacle.

L4D and L4D2, eventually.

Well, it’s preloading now. The game shows every single location as separate DLC, so I guess the episodic format got dumped pretty late in development.

What’s weird is that the Sniper Challenge preorder DLC shows all my DLC from the first Hitman. Hitman 2 shows up as a different product, though and doesn’t have the same DLC list. Could the old DLC be compatible?

Review embargo is up. Reviews seem to fall on the same spectrum as the previous game, so if you liked that, great! This is more of that with some QoL improvements.