Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

Thoroughly enjoyed Hitman 2016 when I picked it up, so probably no arguments from me with more content with some QoL improvements thrown in. Look forwards to getting around to it.

Steam tells me 5 more days till release. And I don’t seem to have a pre-load option. :|

I’m pre-loading on Steam as we speak, but I have the Gold edition pre-ordered.

I’m not going to talk about this yet, but I will say that anyone who was wondering, this is still primarily online required like the last game. You can fool around offline, but nothing gets saved or unlocked.

Yep I see it now. :D

This is a cool surprise!

Oh! That’s quite nice!

Pfft, a fat load of good that does me.

Anyway:

More of the same! Nice! (I’m not kidding)

For owners of Hitman 2016, if you want access to the updated original levels, you need to enter the game and let it connect to a sever, quit and wait for the game to download them. It basically doubles the install size.

I have to say it’s very surreal seeing Hawke’s Bay as a game location. It wouldn’t even make it into my top 20 NZ spots. If anything, I think IO’s Glacier engine oversells it!

Its weird to have hiding zones now.

Oh also a launch trailer:

Ok one more video from DF.

Also more info on The Legacy Pack

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Whittleton Creek may be my very favorite level. I love how lame, bland, and plain pedestrian it seems until you start digging.

I just started it and loaded a save game. It didn’t download anything, though it did show me how to buy the GOTY edition and other stuff. Do you perhaps need to create an IOI account?

Ah… my mistake. As a casual fan, I took your statement to mean that they were offering the upgraded versions of the missions inside the old Hitman 2016 game. You probably just meant “owners of Hitman 2016 AND Hitman 2”. Sorry, my bad!

After the friendly free “ultimate edition” upgrades with Witcher & Divinity OS2, I was perhaps expecting too much free stuff!

Completed the first “tutorial” mission. That was lots of fun.

So from what I understand, you can re-unlock all the items from season 1, but you actually have to do it all again in the Legacy missions inside Hitman 2. They don’t carry over from your Hitman 1 save file.

That’s a bit meh I guess. I mean, you have all that “always online” business going on, can’t they at least remember what you’ve unlocked?

I don’t think this was in the previous game, but if you go back into the ICA training mission on the mock-up yacht, the “actor” playing the chef in the kitchen will have a bandage on his head. He’s the guy the tutorial directs you to throw a wrench at if you follow the instructions.

The new tutorial/prologue in the beach house is much cooler.

I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t make the unlock scheme any clearer and very few of the new items are that desirable to me. Most of the important items (lockpick, Silverballer) come back as “Mark II” items, which means they’re exactly the same, but have a big “2” in hot pink on them. Ew. So their only use is to clog up the inventory screen even more. Why not just make the same item unlock in two different ways, or y’know, make an alternate skin that actually looks good?

I’m a bit sad too that the cutscenes are now just still shots with voiceover. The cutscenes in the first season were pretty realistic, but I guess it’s not such an important place to put your efforts/budget considering how little they matter to the game.

Anyway, with the new level in suburbia, I think Hitman 2 has surpassed Blood Money on its best level. They also added the suitcase which was the one big things the fans were crying about. Well, no dual weilding either, but that’s not so important to a stealth game. Still no working elevator in the game, either, apparently it causes problems with the engine.

The final level is very promising too. I can honestly say these are the most intricate maps made in any game ever. In fact, most levels are completely overwhelming when playing the first time, especially Miami.

I suppose they tried selffunding this game so wasting money on pretty cutscenes was a no-go. But yeah it will be a stark contrast to the ones from first game.

Yeah, it is pretty jarring if you play the levels in order from the beginning starting with the old levels.

I’d take the inclusion of Sean Bean over cut scene’s any day.