Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

My vote for peak 47 face is Blood Money.

PS - Ghost mode is really fun. I wish they would also add a mode where each player is in the same world, just for fun.

Someone has updated the image with Hitman 2 (2018)

Yeah Absolution is still the best. He was such a bad ass mofo and that facial model was just insanely detailed. Plus he actually looked his age of 48 years old.

Making him look younger is lame, although in H2 he looks tiny bit older than in H1.

Maybe 47 has a skin routine. He looked more grim-dark in Absolution. Shame about the gameplay though.

Wow, it is insane how much IO fucked up the optimization due to lack of DX12.

Here is a little comparison.

Marrakesh, Hitman 2, 720p, everything at lowest, Ryzen 2700X, GTX 1070:

62 fps, and it drops below 60 when turning the camera!

Here is Marrakesh, Hitman 1, 720p, everything at lowest, Ryzen 2700X, GTX 1070, with DX12:

115 fps! Twice as high framerate on the same setting, same machine. And there are noticeably more people in the crowd too!

Here is Marrakesh in Hitman 1 with 1080p and everything maxed out:

99 fps!

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I love IOI, I bought their 150 euro collector’s edition, but they fucked up HARD. I hope they reintroduce DX12 or Vulkan renderer as soon as possible.

And remove the disgusting yellow tint from their maps. Hitman 2 makes the original missions look worse and perform twice as badly. Jesus Fucking Christ.

Are you sure that’s entirely to do with DX12 or that Ryzen issue you were talking about? Granted I have a 1080, but I am getting over 60 fps at 1440p even in crowded scenes (haven’t tried Marrakesh though) with settings at very high. I only have an old Intel CPU too, a 4770. Only 62 fps at 720p with everything at lowest, something seems very wrong! You should report it to them.

I agree that optimization is one of the things they need to look at post-launch.

Well, even in Hitman 1 I have about 40fps more with DX12 over DX11 with the same settings. So it could be combo of both, for some reason Hitman 2 runs like dogshit on Ryzens AND the DX11 only renderer is certainly not helping matters.

The colors are way more muted and it seems a lot more unstable too. I’ve crashed a few times. Hitman 2016 almost never crashed for me.

Haha, the lighting thing is the debate that will not die. It’s supposed to be closer to what it what before they changed it in H1, but people didn’t like the changes, so they changed it back and people don’t like the change back either.

I really dig mixing items from season 1 and 2, like bringing the suitcas to old missions and the old items to the new missions. This is exactly the kind of “sequel as part of the same game” thing I always wanted. Although, to be honest, no new item from season 2 except the briefcase comes to mind that’s actually useful. Maybe the tranquilizer pistol, I don’t have it yet.

Well, the original looks best. The more vibrant middle is pretty nice too. But the H2 pissfilter everywhere is just ugly.

You’ve probably seen Hitman 2’s briefcase of death, well welcome to the latest in target elimination methods. The humble ol’ rake lying on the ground, haha.

I love it. Though, I don’t think that’s what would happen if you put your foot down on a rake like that…

Man, I’m terrible at this game. Like, I can’t pass the boat tutorial mission.

But that rake thing…oh man…I wanna buy it just to support this level of development.

The mascot Miami exit is fantastic too.

So Hitman 3 pretty much confirmed, unless this reallllll doesn’t sell well.

I don’t think I’ve ever even come close to getting through any of the games in the series and yet I keep on buying them. It’s probably because I lack the creativity to come up with the epic kills I see online.

I think Hitman as a series works better for me watching other people play it. :) That said I’ll probably install it again and not get past the second mission. Because that’s what I do.

So the mission in Hitman 2 called “Another Life” seems like a spiritual successor to Blood Moneys “A New Life” which is generally considered the best mission in that game.

Elusive Target Sean Bean should be out in the next 30 minutes. Free explosive pen for anyone that attempts the mission!

Every mission is the best mission in Blood Money. New Life, Heaven and Hell, Mardi Gras, Chile, White House… :)