Hitman 2 - WB and IOI kills episodic Hitman

So anybody know how the top scoring players on a mission are doing them in such ridiculously low times? Like in a couple of minutes. Don’t see how that’s possible without some glitch(s) to exploit.

Search in youtube ‘hitman 2 speedrun’ :P

I don’t know about the Hitman 2 missions specifically, but the speedruns for the previous Hitman were getting those sorts of times without any particularly outrageous exploits. Two minutes is a lot of time to run around on a map, especially once you’ve unlocked all the starting locations / disguises.

Of course it’s not enough to just be fast to top the leaderboards. You also need to get Silent Assassin. For that there’s two key bits of knowledge you need:

• If somebody dies in an accident, their body being found doesn’t count against Silent Assassin.
  • A lot of things count as accidents other than just the static environmental hazards. For example certain kinds of explosions (fire extinguisher, propane tank) and poisons.

This is also important if you’re looking to get Silent Assassin on the Elusive Targets!

I did figure out how to beat the Hokkaido mission in around 3 minutes: Suit Only, Silent Assassin.

Start in the morgue
Shoot the heart through the glass door with a silenced weapon
Get back to the main patient common area via a pipe outside (need to avoid only 1 patrolling guard)
Shoot a light fixture hanging from the ceiling once the Yakuza lawyer walks under it after she leaves her room. If you are fast enough you can get in position when she is in her room
Exit via the rope way

What I don’t get is how people get sub 1 minute times there. Seems physically impossible.

The speedrunners don’t care about Suit Only, since that gives no extra points unlike Silent Assassin. And then it comes back to the earlier point about explosions being portable accident kills.

I dunno, the guys on hitmanforum are pretty keen on Suit Only. Anything else and you’re not quite hardcore enough.

Yeah okay, Forthe Seven is one of the best and it’s mosty SA from what I can see:

I killed Sean Bean!

I was promptly killed by a million guards!

Oh well. At least I get an explosive pen for trying.

Ok but you waste seconds changing disguises. We are talking absolutely insane times here. Every fraction of a second counts. I suppose I could try to make an explosive accident happen and cut the time by a minute…at the very most. Still doesn’t explain those times under 1 minute though.

There are different types of speedrunners.

Pure speedruns.
SA speedruns.
SO or SASO speedruns.

Suit Only requires using a start location that uses the default suit though, so the fastest times are unlikely to be SASO.

As for sub minute times. Here’s two I found on youtube:

(that first one relies on the explosion killing soders through the wall so maybe a bit cheesy, but clever)

Not true. Hokkaido itself has 3 alternate Suit starting locations: Restaurant, Onsen, and Morgue…

In the second video, I am really surprised shooting Soders in the head isn’t a body found/voiding SA…Seems like a definite bug as only poison and accident kills null body found. There’s like 5+ doctors that look at Soders. (2 on the ground floor + head surgeon periodically + doctors in the theater rooms upstairs)

I edited my post to correct that while I think you were replying.

Like any good speed-run getting the quickest time usually involves pushing the limits of the game’s ruleset and gameplay mechanics. Sometimes that involves what feels like a clear exploit or glitch and other times it is just using the rules and mechanics of the game to their extreme fullest, resulting in events that would seem unintended to many players.

For example, IO don’t forbid you from taking the virus out at range in the cave lab in Sapienza with a well placed shot but it would probably come across as an unintentional elimination method to a lot of people upon discovering it.

In the game’s files, Soders isn’t a person, he’s an “object”, so I think it’s an exception.

Hurray, playing Hitman 2016 levels in Hitman 2 doesn’t overheat my computer like Hitman 2016 did for whatever reason. Thanks to whoever mentioned you can download the original levels in the new game for free, was curious if it would run better, but I didn’t want to shell out the money for Hitman 2 in case that also tried to melt my cpu.

Oh ok cool… I just bought Hitman GOTY edition for $15, so it looks like I can play this in the Hitman 2 engine…

This is one of the more silly outcomes of having Sean Bean in Hitman 2.

I had a feeling something like that would happen. Heck, it’s a game about killing unsuspecting people in cold blood in areas full of innocent bystanders. It’s a good thing IOI knows how to choose the right tone for their game.

Anwyay, last season they had a poll to get to kill either Gary Busey or Gary Cole. Should you be happy when you “win” the poll? Or angry? How does that work?

I would take that bullet for Gary Cole. Man is a national treasure.

It took me a solid week to get level 20 mastery in Miami, and feel comfortable enough with the map to try the elusive target. But it looks like IO has tried to make the elusives a bit less punishing, with the opening cinematic suggesting some ways of doing a hit, and even adding a straight out Mission Story. In the previous Hitman, sometimes you’d spend the first 20 minutes of the mission just trying to find the target since they aren’t highlighted in Hitman-vision. (Which is why I wanted to know the map well in the first place).

Anyway, the opportunity is worth following. It doesn’t actually get you into a position to do a clean hit, but does allow you to hear all the Sean Bean dialogue. (And after hearing it, I then spent 30 minutes setting up for a Silent Assassin, just because I’m now conditioned to always try for that with Elusive Targets even if there’s no extra reward).

It’s a great map. My original plan was to take a break for a couple of weeks before going for the next map, just to simulate the episodic releases. Let’s see if I’ve got the willpower for that…