Hitman (2016) - Baldy killing evil people. Hopefully no sexy nuns

Me too! Finally got around starting this two days ago and I’m loving it. I love stealth games, and this is just absolute magic. I went into the first episodes thinking I wanted to complete as many challenges as possible, but now I just try to focus on getting through the episodes without even looking at the challenges and rather picking up the opportunities as I go, and maybe come back to the ones I enjoyed the most later on.
But hell, it’s SO MUCH FUN.

Sapienza level will be a free download.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-spring-pack/

The HITMAN Spring Pack is a completely FREE download for anyone on PC, PS4 or Xbox One and includes the entire Sapienza location (Episode 2). You’ll get the main story mission, ‘World of Tomorrow’, 20 levels of Mastery (including weapon and item unlocks), more than 100 challenges, 7 achievements/trophies and ALL of the Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and Featured Contracts that we’ve released for Sapienza. On top of all that, any Elusive Targets that are re-activated in Sapienza will also be playable through the Spring Pack.

The Spring Pack will be made available on March 21st. Timings will vary depending on your platform of choice – but make sure to get it before April 3rd! Once you’ve downloaded it, Sapienza is yours to keep permanently and all of your progress will carry through to the full game when you buy the Game of the Year Edition.

Excellent, thanks for sharing this. That should help me convince the last hold outs to finally get the game.

Gah, Season 2 guys, get to it. Announce that bad boy. It’s time.

Warner Bros will distribute the Definitive Edition.

Wow, so there’s a Definitive Edition that’s better than the Game of the Year Edition that’s better than the Complete First Season, huh?

So much for buying the digital-only Game of the Year Edition. I guess for me all it means is three fewer costumes.

Aaaand 12-24 GBs of content won’t be on the disc?

Hitman 2, maybe revealed this week?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/05/hitman-2-revealed-by-logo-on-warner-bros-website/

Waddayamean “2”? Did they drop the whole season idea?

I really really really hope this will be full game with no episodic nonsense. And more storydriven than first season (while keeping the open levels).

If it’s really true that they aren’t doing a pure expansion season 2, and are instead doing a standalone sequel, then it’s a shame their plan didn’t work out. It’s understandable though. I imagine the sales numbers for a second expansion season this far from the initial launch would be a fraction of the full sequel’s.

I suspect it has more to do with residual rights to the previous game. By making this a sequel they are likely contractually free from any payments to their previous masters.

Marrakesh free to play until the end of July at the moment for anyone interested. Guess IO found a new way to do their season packs since they previously gave away the Paris and Sapienza levels for free indefinitely, for a limited time. Understandable in a way since one could have ended up getting at least half of the first season for free if they kept up with all the promotions, and two weeks is a decent amount of time to check out the game and hopefully be lured into buying it.

Though, personally, it feels like IO could maximise the lure by syncing up the Summer Pack with the Steam Summer Sale or offering a discount during the Summer Pack period instead; but maybe their data shows that there is plenty of uptake for the complete game at full price so no discount is necessary. Plus with Hitman 2 on the way, certainly no harm in getting people potentially interested for the sequel even if they don’t buy into the Hitman (2016).

I’ve been enjoying this free portion for the last couple days, and probably would have bought the full set (on sale) eventually. BUT! The always online requirement is a real drag. My reality is that while I have fast internet, sometimes it drops briefly. In those situations I end up having to pause, or exit to menu, while in the middle of a level. Given this is single player game this functionality ends up being a deal breaker for me.

Why do studios do this? Or, why was this requirement included for this game specifically?

Because people think “games-as-a-service” online functionality needs to be crammed into every game. It was dumb.

They wanted to have real-time “heat maps” of where people go, what route they use, weapons, etc, so they could create contracts that use of the less popular areas of the map. I doubt it’s the only reason (there’s anti-piracy and leaderboard cheating) and whether it’s worth the hassle, but it’s an interesting idea.

I’m 99% sure that it was for discouraging piracy.

Things like heatmaps or other statistics would work just as well even if limited to the people who happened to be online when playing. The other obvious excuse is preventing cheating. But there it would have been super easy to e.g. allow unlocks offline, since there’s no real advantage to be gained there. To prevent cheating they would have just needed to not have offline runs count for the leaderboard.

Thanks for explaining.

Anyhow, it’s a deal breaker - I hate studios that require online for offline play, given it means so many random pauses for me. Especially given its never a technical requirement.

Started this up as I am trying to not buy the sequels to games I haven’t touched yet.

Finished up the two tutorial missions , this is the hitman I remember and not that POS game that was Absolution.

Did you send the guy flying on the jet seat? That was a good death!

If you like that mission, you will have an aneurysm when you play Paris :)

I fixed the ejector seat but couldn’t get him to leave. So he accidentally drowned in the toilet.