Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

I finished my first playthrough of the maps, and overall I’m really happy with them. I’ll avoid anything that could be considered a major spoiler, but only one of the six was disappointing and felt like something leftover from Absolution, though I suppose it works in the overall context of the story. There’s one or two that offer quite a novel twist, that were brilliant on my first time through, but I don’t know how they’ll hold up on future playthrough when you know the potential outcomes. There’s a couple of levels are as good as anything I’ve ever experienced in Hitman (some of the setups for the hits are simply devilish!).

Be warned that unlike the previous games, some of the stories and objectives are untracked, so don’t freak out when there’s fewer stories to follow this time around. IO apparently wanted to make some of the possibilities feel more organic, which helps mix things up. Love the new Dark Souls-style persistent shortcuts you can unlock. It allows you to expedite your murderous plans without having to suffer through a repetitive areas to reach the main stage for the hit.

A huge shame the DLC won’t offer any new maps, as IO are the best level designers in the business. :(