Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

Here, let me be super helpful. This is so helpful that every new game release this gets posted:

ITS WORKING FINE FOR ME MAYBE YOU DONT KNOW HOW COMPUTER WORKS.

hope that helped.

in more serious news: it’s very pretty and the first area is kind of awesome.

All of my progress transferred fine, if not for taking a while it would have been great.

I dunno, I like it.

“I HAVENTT SEEN ANY CRASHUS. MABBEE ITS JUST U?”

I BUILT MY COMPUTER FROM PARTS FORGED IN THE FIRES OF GONDOR, MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE GOT A DELL NOOB

They mentioned “screenspace reflections” == shiny floors now show reflections of the folks walking on top and the rest of the room and I think those are in at launch. These are backported and they explicitly mentioned the shiny catwalk floor in Paris as having this.

yeah, there is definitely that in game.

Screenspace reflections are the shortcut “good-enough” method that true ray-traced reflections improve upon (by using actual geometry to render reflections of objects that aren’t currently on screen).

I haven’t followed anything about how they’re done in this game, but being included isn’t evidence of ray-tracing support.

So apparently this happens if you do the carryover before launching the game for the first time on your PS4 or PS5. (Which, to be clear, is what IOI’s instructions suggest that you do.) Plenty of folks reporting this on reddit. No acknowledgement or solution from IOI. Since this is an online-only game, that means I can’t log in and do any online progress.

Still no solve for this. I still can’t play the game and IOI still has not acknowledged that it’s a problem they’re working on

I’m trying to finish up Valhalla before playing this (on the PS5). Sounds like it’s a good idea to let the dust settle a bit before jumping in anyway. I played H2 on the PC so I can’t copy over any progression to the PS5. I might start all over again with the H1 maps.

You can play offline and earn offline progress. It just won’t carry over to the online experience.

Untrue. You can’t earn challenge completions, mastery levels, or unlocks offline.

You can play the game though.

That really sucks, Matt. I’m sorry man.

You can play a hobbled, incomplete form of the game with no meta-progression (so no incentive to replay the missions) and some of the most interesting content (e.g. escalations and challenges) gated off.

Thanks. It’s frustrating, but whatevs. It’s a game. I’ll play something else. I’m less and less interested in IOI’s Bond game though. It’d be one thing if they had a customer support forum with engaged community managers giving updates. It’s another to have a wall of silence.

I agree with this. The offline experience is so hobbled it’s barely worth considering. One more weird decision to add to the pile.

For what it’s worth, I love the Berlin mission. OMG it’s just so awesome. The buildup, the context, the music, everything. I think it’s my favorite Hitman level ever.

I mean, I just want to say that despite all the crap technicalities, it’s still a really great game.

Thanks. That’s what I gather. Hopefully all this stuff will be cleared up soon and I can get to just enjoying the game :)

Is there a official reason why the offline experience is not the same as the online experience? Is it just an anti-piracy measure so more people will buy the game?

What offline progress is there in Hitman? Is there actually any?

Well, the answer to your first question is probably something like “to enrich the player experience with connectivity and interaction blah blah blah”. But the answer to your second question is yes.

-Tom

Agreeing with Tom’s answer. You don’t need a central server that your game connects to through Internet, just to unlock a few items and shortcuts to your single player experience. It’s just disguised anti-piracy.