Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

Anyone having issues with getting disconnected? Everytime I complete the first Prologue guided mission, it immediately disconnects on completion and doesn’t save progress. This is frustrating.

That was happening to people last week a bunch. Check the Hitman discord and reddit to see if it’s recurring or if there’s a solution. I’ve been disconnected during a level once since they rolled out the PS4 fix a week ago, and I haven’t had the disconnect-on-level-completion problem at all.

I’ve gotten disconnection notices dozens of times, but I just press “Retry” or whatever and it works.

Yeah, I get constant disconnects as well. Incredibly annoying, since the online-only is such a transparent and inconvenient anti-piracy measure. But I haven’t lost any progress. I just have to wait for the reconnection.

-Tom

Monthly roadmaps are back:

What are elusive targets? And I know what escalations are, but what are deluxe escalations?

-Tom

They’re limited time targets in a mission, usually active for a couple of weeks. Once you start a mission with an elusive target, you can’t save the game and if you fail the mission, that’s it, you can’t replay it. You get one chance. It forces you to be very cautious, scout the area, figure out approaches that work.

It means they’re part of the deluxe edition, not available for us standard edition plebes. I think they have more interesting content than standard escalations (which are my favorite part of the game.) One of the new ones apparently has you dispatch every member of the Carlisle family in Dartmoor in some interesting way. Things like that.

The Carlisle family one is free and it showed up today.

Yeah, the “Deluxe” Escalations are what comes with the Deluxe Edition. The all unlock a costume from one of the old games and some reskins.

The white Ninja dude is from Hitman 2… no, not that one, the old one!

Whoa, that’s awesome. I mean, it will suck hard if I fail and I’ll hate that mode forever, so it’s good that I don’t get to replay it because I probably didn’t want to anyway shut up you’re not the boss of me I hate you I hate you. But that’s awesome!

-Tom

The most fun I had in Hitman (and I had a lot of fun with it) was playing Elusive Targets competitively. Best Silent Assassin score wins. If nobody gets a Silent Assasin, then the best score overall wins. No restarting the mission for any reason.

There were times when none of us in that competition actually got the kill, because we were so concentrated on the risky Silent Assassin. And so many times when something went wrong, and you just had to scramble to make it work somehow, and hope that everyone else screwed up even worse.

Oh, and we of course recorded the runs, with commentary. It was always interesting to hear how people thought about the mission, and even more fun to hear their reaction when things went pear-shaped.

Haha, Tom is spot on. It’s at once the most infuriating and the most interesting part of Hitman. It really forces you to be careful and abandon your save-scumming ways for a time.

Pro tip: never bring a proximity bomb!

That’s the part that irks me. When I miss an escalation, I feel kind of robbed.

IO confirmed today that we’ll have access to our Hitman 2 maps before the end of the month.

Whilst we’ve been busy launching HITMAN 3, we’ve also been working on the promised solution for allowing PC players to import locations that they already own into HITMAN 3 on Epic. We’ve got that solution worked out and it’s currently being tested and verified from all angles to make it as robust as possible. In terms of timing, it’s definitely a case of sooner rather than later. Even with the longest estimates we’ve looked at, the solution will be fully rolled out before the end of February. We’ll keep you updated with the next steps.

Finally! You can import your Hitman 2 locations here: https://account.ioi.dk/claim/h3/pc/accesspass

Just launched the game to check and both Hitman 2 and its expansion are there and playable, so it worked immediately for me. Hopefully no server issues this time round for other.

Update 3.11 released. Includes some fixes and a “tactical turtleneck” to unlock.

Tactical turtleneck? You mean a tactleneck? Can you also choose color between dark black and slightly darker black?

My Grandma always says I’m her handsome young man when I wear my tactical turtleneck to Christmas.

What do I miss by waiting to buy Hitman 3, just the elusive targets? I have the first 2, but only played part of #1, and I have never done any elusive targets. I liked what I played, but there is always something else tugging at my attention to play.

Yeah, I think that’s it. And I think they occasionally even repeat the ETs.

I still only have Hitman 1&2, but this question still applies - plus I’ve been eyeballing 3 constantly :-)

How do you think it would be most enjoyable to play?

1. in order or newest first?
  2. Just beat the level in the story mode and move to the next level saving the challenges for later, or try and get all the challenges on a single level before moving on to keep familiarity ?

I’m missing Patient Zero from HM1, when should that get played?

We’re able to import all content that we own on Steam to Epic now, right? Or, do I need the GotY / Complete editions for that to work?

Is it worth it to wait until I have 3 to play the levels of 1 and 2 due to the improved engine? I’ve only played the first 3 levels in 1 and none from 2.

Sorry for all the questions😀