Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

I turned the stories thing to “minimal”. Presumably this preserves that “mission story revealing” thing that pops up when I’m nearby one of them, but I don’t know what else it gives me. I also get told when I pick up some intel that it belongs to a story. Is that gone if you turn the story hud to off? I went through Sapienza last night, and without the story guides it was a bit of a challenge getting into the lab and offing whats her face. I found a bunch of bits of other stories bumbling around the mansion trying to figure out where to go and what to do. You could really spend just hours on each of these levels finding everything and piecing it together.

I think when you choose Minimal it just removes the mission markers from the map. On Full, it guides you step-by-step, including showing you where to go for the next step.

Yes, for sure. I’ve, e.g., done Paris dozens of times and still find new things when I play it. There are hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay here.

Hmm I really should switch it to minimal. I didn’t want to turn it off entirely as I’m not so good at figuring things out on my own. ;) I really enjoyed just doing each mission once starting from Hitman 1-3 and then going back to deep dive into the maps I really liked. I took a bit of a break for now, but it’s probably going to be perma installed for the time being. Can’t wait to see what they release next year. I still haven’t bought the DLC for 3 as it just didn’t seem worth the price.

Mm, yeah, now that I think about it there were guides in the upper left like “meet with the head chef,” although with no indication of where he was. That continued through ringing the dinner bell, although after that I was on my own.

What’s great about this game though is that things are generally where you’d expect them to be. The head chef is in the kitchen.

Yeah, I was in the kitchen, but it turns out mansion kitchens have multiple floors.

I managed to get zero stars in Marrakesh. Not sure what I did to merit such a low score. Are all of the missions from here on out double assassinations? I don’t like those. Having one target is enough for me. Actually what would be cool is a Ground Zeroes-esque thing where different stories were against different targets in the same level, as opposed to just different ways of getting at the same target.

That’s escalations, elusive targets and the user contracts.

Oh, escalations! I’ve been meaning to figure out what those are. I’m not sure how to access them. There is often one displayed on the front dashboard but with like a “purchase access” on it, making me think it’s something I don’t own.

Go to Destinations, then select a level, and then the menu will show you a bunch of options. One is the main mission that is used in the story, but on the right are escalations that you can also play in that level.

Thanks! I found them. I miss the fluff, but the challenges are interesting.

Twice now I’ve been watching a cutscenes, then a “connecting” message and the scene starts over. Always online is annoying.

Picked up the Deadly Sins pack in Playstation sale. I’m a sucker for escalations and am enjoying it so far

Very first escalation on the fake boat level and the third level of it is another dual assassination!

OK, I have Hitman 1 on Steam but haven’t actually played it. If I buy 3 on Epic, I understand there’s a way to import the previous games and play through all of them in the upgraded engine, right? What else do I need to buy in order to do so?

For the Hitman 1 content you just need to download the hitman 2 demo on steam and then link that to an IO account. You should be able to see/play all the Hitman 1 content in there (I did that for a bit before getting Hitman 2). When you get Hitman 3 on Epic you need to link it to the same IO account and then you can do a one-time transfer. Although you might have already have Hitman 1 on Epic as it was a freebie there at one point and unlocks the content in 3, although if you want all the levels Hitman 2 content on Steam is probably cheaper than on Epic.

I guess the first step is to install the game, and inside register a IOI account. Then go here
https://account.ioi.dk/claim/h3/pc/accesspass

Thanks guys, I’ll do that.

I forgot I posted in this thread in June 2020, asking if this was something I would enjoy. Well, last weekend, I finally fired it up after seeing Hitman 3 on a bunch of year end lists. I discovered that either through sales or PS+ I already owned Hitman 1 & 2, so I started playing Hitman 1 via the Hitman 3 engine (as nature intended).

Yeah, you guys were right. This game is a lot of fun. There was a deep discount on all things Hitman on the PlayStation store, so after playing the tutorial I went ahead and completed the package (I think - these games have been repackaged so many times its hard to tell). I got to level 20 on Paris, and there’s still a bunch I haven’t seen (never did find the Vampire Magician), but decided to move on to Sapienza anyway. I like that it’s not overly difficult to complete the missions, but gets progressively more difficult to complete them well. I also like the array of challenges and story objectives to give you those breadcrumbs.

Still haven’t tried it in VR - what’s the consensus on that?