Hitman III - Hat trick of Death

I don’t think the story matters at all. Part of the charm of the series has always been the disconnect between how the marketing and cutscenes present the game (ultra serious spy thriller) and how the game actually plays (Loony Toons caper where the world’s most conspicuous man drops pianos on rich people).

Tangent, but I love how whenever 47 talks while in disguise, he always introduces himself as “Mr Reaper” and says nothing but double entendres about being a murderer.

Reminds me of this character:

OH WE’RE FIRM FRIENDS.

What a fabulous movie. I love Dalton. I think The Living Daylights was actually the first Bond film I ever saw. In the theater! I barely remember it, but it probably warped my brain in some subtle way.

He said he had more fun on Hot Fuzz than either of the Bond films according to one of the the film’s many commentaries.

Totally unsurprising. I mean just look at that smile, it’s got to be a pure joy to play a character like that.

Yeah one of the commentaries is the older village folks and they all sounded like they had a wonderful time.

What’s up with this train level? It’s terrible and it feels like the train goes for miles.

Maybe they needed to save on dev costs.

It is certainly different than all the other levels, but it’s also pretty short and I actually like it for doing something different. It’s not a level I’d return to over and over, but was fun to play through once.

I love train levels. A reason to anticipate this!

Curious what people don’t like about it. It seems like exactly what they described: a cross between Elusive Targets and escalations.

Is 3 a significant improvement on 1 and 2 or more of the same? I played the first 2 but got kind of bored with the gameplay. Wondering if it’s even worth checking out 3 on gamepass.

More of the same.

I learned just upthread that Hitman 3 apparently has a train level. That should make it different from 1 and 2, right? (I haven’t played any of the 3).

I just want to highlight this because I’ve been thinking about it off and on and how it’s both hilarious and true.

3 has some of the best levels in the game, but gameplay is largely the same. There are minor progressive iterations on the overall theme.

This released on Steam but it is full MSRPG meanwhile on the Epic store it is half price…There’s no price matching for online storefronts I guess.

Oof, I might be wrong about the discount re the upcoming lunar sale or IO messed up. Just looked up the exact rules on discounts:

• your sales must be at least 6 weeks apart, and have to be at least 1 month after the launch of the product
  • you can have a launch discount that lasts 7 days
  • if you launched the product within 7 days of the steam sale they can extend your launch discount to last through the sale. Otherwise, you can’t join in the seasonal sales within 30 days of release/launch discount ending

So they could have put it on sale at launch and be able to extend that sale through the upcoming steam sale, but because they didn’t they’re stuck at full price for a month. I don’t know how strict Steam is about enforcing their rules, but those rules look pretty detailed - I’d heard in passing you couldn’t put things on sale willy nilly but first time looking at the docs - they’re pretty comprehensive!

Discounting (Steamworks Documentation).

Weird. I didn’t know there was pricing rules.

If there weren’t, you’d see a lot of small games that cost 60 bucks and are on permanent 80% sale.