Hmm

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1356380&nav=168XGqk0

“So why do women agree to strip down and run around the desert dodging paint balls? Nicole says it’s good money. “I mean it’s $2,500 if you don’t get hit. You try desperately not to and it’s $1000 if you do,” said Nicole.”

Why is it less if you get hit?

“The men and women say this is all good, clean fun, but in Part 2 of this special report, reporter LuAnne Sorrell speaks with a psychologist who says for some men playing out this sexual aggression may lead to other more violent acts against women.”

Again with the man bashing.

"Marv Glovinsky is a clinical psychologist. He says Hunting for Bambi is every man’s fantasy come true. “You might think of all men as little boys who have never grown up, so they entertain their adolescent fantasies and they go through life being adolescents on the hunt.”

Finally somone who understands us.

Ha. What a fucked up thing. I heard Jim Rome talking about this today. Hilarity ensued.

olaf

To give them greater incentive to run, because if you’re dumb enough to sign up for this to begin with, the pain is obviously not much incentive.

I was going to post about this, this morning when Glenn Beck was talking about it. The Vegas TV news story I saw was dated 7/10. I wonder why it took 5 days to become so popular.

I gotta agree with Snopes. The story is just… crazy. And I’m capable of believing a lot of crazy things, yet this shatters way too many barriers of crazy even for me.

To give them greater incentive to run, because if you’re dumb enough to sign up for this to begin with, the pain is obviously not much incentive.[/quote]

had’nt thought of that.

This is just one of those “only in Vegas” things…what would have been fun would be giving the girls guns of their own and letting them fire back ;)

My only real problem with this is that its damn dangerous for them to not be wearing eye protection. Welts are one thing – every paintball player gets those.

Other than that, its lame, and stupid, but hey, its not like migrant women are being imported from Singapore for this.

“I don’t see a deer wearin’ a football helmet. I don’t want my women wearing one either.”

The interesting thing is that this does not hurt the reputation of Las Vegas in any way. What a fine city.