Hob - Runic Games, open-world, sans dialogue, Shadow of Ico

The Steam controller was literally the hardest controller to get used to for me.

I had an easier time learning the Orb. At least with the SpaceOrb, I didn’t need to fiddle with various user control setups.

I didn’t have a hard of a time getting used to the mechanics of the Steam controller, but I think that might be because I use gamepads extremely rarely. I would think retraining muscle memory would be harder when you’re using a controller that is 90% similar but behaves in different ways than coming from something entirely different like M&K.

That’s not to say the Steam controller was quick to get into, though. It takes a hell of a lot of tweaking to get to feel “right” for me, but if I can be arsed to do it I have a pretty good experience with it. Oftentimes I can’t be arsed to do it, though.

I’ve never heard of the SpaceORB before, but I love how dirty it looks in that picture.

It was a terrible, terrible controller. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that used and thought it was good.

Hey! We have an update!

I swear to Christ I was watching a PUBG stream and it looked like the guy was using something like that.

I HAD to be mistaken.

9/26/17

This looks great, and has been on my radar for some time, but dammit, that’s just two days before Warhammer 2 drops!

Quite enjoyed Torchlight 2. Played it a ton. Too bad this doesn’t appear to be coming to Xbox, I guess I’ll have to spend my money on something else.

I watched the Forest video above and initially wasn’t that impressed; it looked nice but felt a bit lifeless. Then I saw them raise the section of the world and basically threw money at my screen.

Hob releases next week.

Even though this was uploaded back in March, since it wasn’t mentioned in this thread, I recommend anyone who’s interested in Hob or the studio should watch Gameumentary’s video on Runic Games.

I like the look of this game and respect the team enough that I’ve preordered (which I never do). The other incentive was that if you preorder on GOG right now, you get Stories: The Path of Destinies for free. Which (despite the terrible title) I will very much recommend, having finished it last night.

Launch Trailer

Because of how much I enjoyed Torchlight 2 I really wanted to try this game. So since they’re unwilling to provide an Xbox One version I checked to see if the final release version would run on my PC.

hob

Welp.

Seems pretty low spec to me

MINIMUM:
Processor: i3 Sandy Bridge Dual Core or Equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 2GB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 500 Series / AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 5 GB available space
Additional Notes: Controller recommended.

How nice for you.

Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way … I thought maybe ‘Can you run it?’ was giving an error? As the spec doesn’t list a cpu speed.

What are your PC specs?

And…its good!

nGAF users reporting PC version runs great , PS4 runs so-so.