Hogwarts Legacy - WB makes a full AAA RPG for Harry Potter

I didn’t think much about the rumors for this game, but it actually looks like it might be good. If it’s done well I’d be interested.

Yeah that looks like it could be decent.

Sorry if JKR is getting money from this I want no part of it.

Why though?

I’m in the same boat unfortunately.

Any way that she doesn’t get her cut?

I’m getting old. I watch the trailer and see nothing but the MMO grind underpinnings.

Not really. Even if you pirate the game, JK has already been paid up-front money and your piracy would still be a point in the game’s favor as far as user demand when they negotiate the next game.

Unlike a lot of authors, JK has kept a very tight grip on her property and she benefits from all of it.

As expected.

At what point does Rowling’s bad behaviour outweigh the efforts of less evil devs?

As I have no interest in HP I can’t really answer that. I’m sure others will.

By the same token, the developers have already been paid a wage for their work.

I’m not a Harry Potter fan so I don’t have a dog in this fight, but this seems topical:

According to a review of the book published Sunday in The Telegraph, “Troubled Blood,” published under her alias Robert Galbraith, centers on the disappearance of a woman “thought to have been a victim of Dennis Creed, a transvestite serial killer.”

“One wonders what critics of Rowling’s stance on trans issues will make of a book whose moral seems to be: never trust a man in a dress,” Jake Kerridge writes in his review. (“Transvestite” is an outdated term typically used to refer to men who sometimes wear women’s clothing — which is not the same as being transgender.)

JKR is literally insane but the years I’ve waited for something just like this make me weigh a lot of heavy thoughts.

I’ve been wondering for years why no one made an open world Hogwarts game set in a different time period from the books. This could be really good.

Avalanche is behind the helm? This could be interesting indeed.

Hell yea, with Avalanche I want destructible environments. I want to blow up the mage school.

It’s not Avalanche Studious though. It’s the other Avalanche.