Hogwarts Legacy - WB makes a full AAA RPG for Harry Potter

I consider the first link to be the “raspy” one and the latter to be the “reedy” one internally, but those are my personal descriptors. In any case, yes, it is amazing, and one of my favorite things ever.

OMG this is hysterical!

Delayed.

nooooo :(

I think the only thing I found really “funny” about Wizard People, Dear Reader was the name “Professor Hardcastle McCormick,” and that’s because I, dear reader, am old.

The only solution for this tragic gap in the world’s HP release schedule is for Brad Neely to release parodies of the final 7 films in the series.

The worst part of this is that people will get this mixed up with the other Avalanche.

Ugh, this makes it even easier to never buy this game…but ugh.

Many fans have expressed concerns over Leavitt’s involvement with Hogwarts Legacy since his YouTube history came up a few days ago, spurred on by the controversies already surrounding the upcoming game. Several users on popular gaming forum ResetEra have asked moderators to ban Hogwarts Legacy discussion altogether due to both Rowling’s influence on the franchise and Leavitt’s work as lead designer, a request moderators seem to be taking seriously.

Hahaha.

And that is why I love you guys. I’ve seen a lot of touchy conversations on here, and I’ve seen many members passionately argue and defend topics, but I have never seen anyone threatened with a ban for having a particular point of view (thus far) and I have never seen topics declared off-limits for discussion at all. Thank you all for acting like – and treating other members like – adults.

Hey, wait, what did I miss? Why is the game controversial in the first place?

" controversial Harry Potter game Hogwarts Legacy ."

Edit: Is it because of J.K. Rowling that the game is considered controversial? I honestly didnt’ think she’d be very involved with the making of the game, but I must admit I haven’t done any serious research. I was just stoked about the Hogwarts game… =/

The issue with the Harry Potter IP at this point is that unlike a lot of other fantasy/sci-fi licenses with controversial creators, JK is alive, has a gigantic social media following which she uses to spread harmful opinions, is very active in the management of the IP, and directly profits from any deals. Buying Harry Potter [anything] funds JK and contributes to the success of future business deals for JK.

A lot of fans are heartbroken over the situation because it’s hard to do the “separate the art from the artist” bit with Harry Potter.

Ah, right. Yeah, it sure comes with a bitter taste to love the HP Universe these days…

I do wonder if JK, as an individual, attracts boycotts far more than corporations that have done far worse things (c.f. Disney).

I guess I’m old too. I found nothing funny about Wizard People, Dear Reader. But then, I’ve read and enjoyed the books multiple times, so I’m not only old but also biased. :)

Well, also that a huge lesson from Harry Potter is the exact opposite of the opinions she is spouting.

I am so angry about this whole thing.

Anyone that knows me knows I lurve Harry Potter like a dog loves bacon. Maybe not that much, but I have been spouting off for a decade about ‘they could make a fortune with a HP/Skyrim type game’. And here it is.

But since Skyrim, JKR has become some sort of batshit insane crazy person.

The person in charge of the game is a twat.

But a decade of pining and it actually exists and now it feels like if I get it anyway, I’m the asshole. Because other people are assholes. Stop fucking being assholes, other people.

Maybe it would be healthier to just buy and play it anyway and lie or not tell anybody.

Also people could stop being assholes.