Holiday Sale Damage Thread

Well, part of it was on sale, so i guess it counts. Notion 6 and some expansion sounds (the on sale part).

Super light this year. Only got Twilight Struggle & DLC on Steam, plus ESO: Morrowind expansion for $15 on GMG.

I may pick up the Witcher III expansions on sale…still wavering on that since I haven’t even really started W3.

I bought Age of Rivals on iOS for $2. I already purchased all my Steam games for the season over Thanksgiving.

If you plan on playing Witcher 3, and you really really should, I recommend picking up Blood and Wine expansion. Its a good end to the series.

and only 100 hours of gaming until they can play it too :)

may as well wait til the next sale when the expansions will probably be even cheaper.

I might do that. I really do want to play W3, but I want to clear the decks first to really give it the attention it deserves. Might take some months to get there, and there’ll probably be a deeper sale by then.

Just got slightly heavier with a few more Steam purchases:

• The Sexy Brutale
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • The Age of Decadence

Witcher 3, even though I’m only barely into the game, is something I have no regret having picked up the DLC early for even if there is a deeper discount later. I did get it on sale, and I feel a bit guilty about it.

So far, just Simple Planes.

I’m not super enthusiastic about it, but it’s been on my wishlist for a long time.

Quantum Break and The Climb for me, both $9.99.

Plenty of others had me hovering over Buy but I managed to talk myself down.

This is a VR game, right? Which did you get? Occulus or Vive?

Oculus. Haven’t tried it yet. I do get vertigo, so we’ll see how it goes :)

e: Well I was ok for the first bit of tutorial and then I got to the bit that requires a jump, fell twice, and am too scared to try again :(

Okay, who remembers the “Death To Spies” series?
I went through a phase where I was absolutely smitten with the first game in the series. I’d spend three or four hours on each level. I took that game seriously.

Anyway, a couple years ago, I pre-ordered the third game in the series from Amazon, Alekhine’s Gun, and began waiting.
Several months later, Amazon unceremoniously cancelled my order, and I forgot about it. I incorrectly assumed the game had gotten cancelled.
I just now stumbled upon it in an e-mail from GamersGate. Was $40. Now $10. (Also $10 direct from Steam.)
So I grabbed it sight unseen.
I hope it’s as good as the first two games!

Just FYI, Quantum Break is in the upcoming Humble monthly bundle. Not sure what the deadline is to get in on it.

It’s in the current Humble Monthly bundle. 12 bucks gets you Quantum Break, the Long Dark, and Dawn of War III with more unlocking on Jan. 5th.

Would rather play the Paris Hilton episode.

Yeah I saw that but I don’t need two more games I don’t plan to play.

You have till January 5th.

So with regard to the current WinGameStore holiday sale, it appears that its Flash Sales are kind of BS-- the Age of Wonders III Collection is part of today’s Flash Sale and its price is…$12.49, the same as it was yesterday when it was just part of the regular sale.

It also not the lowest price this year.