Holiday Sale Damage Thread

YOU SHOULDA JUST BOUGHT THAT SHIT SON.

Seriously, it’s so good.

I wanted to like this but refunded it as I found it tedious. It may be that this is a good game in a genre that is not be for me. The 'take this guy here, collect space bucks to buy stuff so that I can take that guy there" wore thin.

I added 3030 Deathwar Redux to my wishlist based off Steam recommendations but didn’t pull the trigger either. Pretty sure I’m going to want that somewhere down the road though.

Although I’m still playing through the Planet Coaster and Nier from the Thanksgiving/Winter sale I picked up a few in the Christmas Sale

• Tropico 5 - it was a few quid, and i remember enjoying Tropico 3
  • Dark Souls 3 - Never played 1 and 2 but thought i’d give this a try seeing how popular the series is and how much its been talked about
    Tyranny - been on my list for ages and had a decent discount
    Trials Fusion - another one ive had on my wishlist forever and picked it up as it was cheap
    Shadowrun:Dragonfall - enjoyed the first one, and this was a few quid
    Sonicomi - barely a game mind you, but I like Sonico.
    Huniepop - played it non-stop to completion, not enjoyed a game so much in ages, surprise GOTY for me.

Well, the discount during the sale was a mere three bucks, so if really get a hankering it’s no big deal.

“to completion” hur hur.

I’ll show myself out now. ;-)

Dawn of Discovery / Anno 1404 combo pack thingy – about $3.75
Eador Imperium + genesis (had on GoG) + MotBW expansion – about $6.25
Sold all my trading cards for about $4, so the net cost to me was around $6 (plus a lot of clicking on trading cards).

I was going to only get the Anno game, but once the trading card sales passed that I figured I’d spring for something else on my list; I’ve had an on-again off-again addiction to Eador (both Genesis and MotBW, despite the fact that they’re essentially identical) so I figured I’d give Imperium a shot, even though I think most people’s reaction was “Do we really need another iteration of this?”

There is Spire of Sorcery, which is supposed to be the real stuff after a bunch of typical Russian development drame around Eador, and is coming out this year, supposedly — if you need something to buy, next sale ;)

Yup, absolutely on my watch list. We’ll see how my free time shakes out…

I bought nothing :(

So far I’ve picked up the following games during the various Black Friday sales this year:

Steam:
Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium Edition (Base game + season pass) - 40% off
Rome: Total War (recommended by @KristiGaines) - 66% off
3030 Deathwar Redux - A Space Odyssey (praised here) - 50% off
Parkitect - 25% off

GOG:
Battle Planet: Judgement Day (Twin-Stick shooter on Mario Galaxy planets) - 40% off
The Bard’s Tale IV Director’s Cut (hyped by @vinraith) - 50% off

Xbox One:
Darksiders 3 (mere days before it arrived on Gamepass… dammit) - 60% off

Nintendo Switch:
Gorogoa (repeatedly and highly recommended by @Nightgaunt and @malkav11) - 50% off

But that’s on Game Pass too.

My gamepass subscription runs out soon enough I plan to finish Darksiders 3 but not Bard’s Tale IV. I won’t be renewing so it’s all good.

For me so far, only:

Epic Game Store

Ghostbusters the Video Game Remastered

Might get a couple things on Steam or a year long LOTRO subscription. Not sure yet.

Excellent choice.

I grabbed quite a few Switch games: Blastermaster Zero, Mighty Gunvolt Burst and the 8-bits style Bloodstained game, all from Inti Creates; Wild Guns Reloaded, Maldita Castilla, For the King and 20XX.
Excepting for For the King (which I couldn’t play on my stupid laptop anymore), action games ahoy!
On Steam, Children of a Dead Earth, which overheats as almost expected here, and on GOG, Startopia and the first Heroes of Might & Magic.

Only switch game I want is Goose and it’s not on sale :(

I would recommend Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut as well. Sometimes puzzly, but a great atmosphere and original turn based combat.

Xbox One:
Sekiro - $24.99
DMC V - $14.99
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition - $14.99
Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition - $14.99
Evil Within 2 - $9.99

3DS
Etrian Odyssey Nexus - $24.99

Switch Digital
Bastion - $3.99
My Memory of Us - $1.49
Crypt of the Necrodancer - $3.99
Sega Genesis Classics - $14.99

Vita Digital
Legend of Mana - $2.99
Mary Skelter - $2.99
Tokyo Xanadu - $7.99

I had $40 in Best Buy Rewards certificates for some of the Xbox stuff so total for all of the above: $103.37

That’s a ton of gaming for around a hundred bucks! And with my current INSANE backlog, I will probably not get to most of these for another year or four!

I wound up getting Fallen Order at CDKeys for $52. Only other games I want are Death Stranding and Modern Warfare Operator Edition PC Digital and no real deals on that ($63 on BattleNet I guess)

Still, looking forward to light sabering!