Holiday Sale Damage Thread

Tempting prices, but not really because I don’t have time to play them, but posting them in case other people do have the time:

Drox Operative - $5
Talos Principle - $8
Space Ranger HD - $4
Retrovirus - $2.49
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $5
Steep - $15
Ashes: Escalation - $13.59
Redout: $14
Sol Trader - $10
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $4
Age of Decadence - $6
Distance - $10
Space Run - $3.74
House of the Dying Sun - $9
Firewatch - $8
Sublevel Zero - $7.49
Hollow Knight - $10
Overload (Still in Early Access - like Descent from makers of Descent) - $18.74

Out of these, I’ll probably get Overload. The kickstarter I backed, I chose to get a copy for the Xbox, so it’s tempting to double dip to support these guys some more. Though weirdly, I enjoyed Playable Teaser 1.0 better than Playable teaser 2.0, because the simple nature of the levels made it more fun somehow. The added details in 2.0 made it less about pure gameplay.

You better buy Drox Operative or I will hunt you down for sport.

But I don’t have time!

YOU WILL MAKE THE TIME.

I own Drox Operative and have never played it!

Woop woop woop

I played the demo a year or so ago, I don’t think the game has aged well. :(

I think my only purchase will be Titan Quest Ragnarok. I can’t think of anything that I need to put on my backlog at this time.

Get the expansion and fix that asap.

How so? Gameplay-wise it’s the bees knees even today. Graphically…c’mon…that’s really not fair…

Stuff available for $0.00 recently:

Company of Heroes 2
World In Conflict
Oxenfree
Brutal Legend.

Plus the trials/demos of Wildlands, Prey and The Division. Plus whatever this Hitman icon does which I haven’t even fired up yet.

Sales are a hard sell.

Oh shit! The Paris Hitman episode that’s supposed to be free for a limited time! I completely forgot about that. I hope that’s still free, I wanted to try that out some day.

Pyre
Reigns - Her Majesty
Monster Hunters
Pathfinder ACG

I kind of want Night in the Woods and Life is Strange 2 (or whatever it’s called) but will probably hold off as I have not hit a gaming groove for a month or so, so no rush there.

Everspace
Rimworld

Silicon Zeroes and Shenzhen I/O for me.

Planet coaster is 11.25, I think that’s cheaper than last month and a price too low to resist!

Also thinking about American truck simulator for $5.

Today I learned that I don’t own Half-Life on Steam! But I can plug that gap for $.99.

Glancing through my wishlist, the main thing that immediately jumps out is Aztez for $8 (60% off).

“That’s why the Hitman Holiday Pack is only available for a limited time, from December 15th to January 5th.”

Is this the thread where we complain about how terrible the Christmas Steam sale is? I’m fairly disappointed. I thought maybe this year would be when Stardew Valley went for more than 33% off but no, alas.

Picked up Rebel Galaxy for $3.99 in the steam sale. Saw it mentioned in the crazy Star Citizen thread and was intrigued.

Things that are on enough sale that I might get them, that are on my wishlist because of QT3 but I can’t find any threads about them or remember why I was interested:

For the King
Pathfinder Adventures
Thea: the Awakening (okay, there’s a thread, but it wasn’t enough to remind me)

do I want those?