Holiday Sale Damage Thread

Ah right, but if it’s causing a lot of trouble then no need to get stuck. I went full mage so I’ve just been selling the boss souls for souls :D

How has that worked? I have done full mage in DS1 and DS2 but from playing around with it in DS3 it didn’t look nearly as viable (easy).

Thanks, will start w/WotC.

Whatever you do, make sure to build that freaking Guerilla Tactics school EARLY. You’re gonna need more than 4 people on the field sooner than you think. I didn’t do so and am gonna have to start over.

And my 2 cents worth of advice on WOTC would be don’t go chosen hunting until you have either power armor or plasma (unless you’re willing to possibly sacrificing a trooper or two).

Question: is Lords of the Fallen* a “Souls-like” that’s actually approachable without having to spend your life outside of the game itself learning about its systems/character progression? Because as the meme says, “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”

• (right now a bit over 5 bucks on Humble if you’ve got the extra 10% off from the Humble Monthly going)

Yea, I think you can jump right in and just play.

I had no idea there was somewhere else I could go. And now that I’ve been away for months, I don’t even remember where I’ve been and where I haven’t. That’s why I was saying maybe I should start over.

Yes, Lords of the Fallen is great. I played it through twice, once as a mage, once as a warrior. (There’s only 3 classes). You don’t need to consult outside wikis at all.

I played the first mission today, and it was amazing and exhausting. In the best way.

Origin is running its holiday sale too, and both of these games are discounted.

So is Battle.net. I picked up the necromancer DLC for D3 for $9.99.

[edit] How do I prevent Discourse from making Batle.net a link? Not that it matters I guess, as it still goes to Blizzard’s website.

I bought it over Thanksgiving but haven’t played it yet. The reviews made it sound like DS lite, but fun.

thanks. I have a daughter who likes to get me games, so if the sale is still running after Christmas and she failed me I will have to look into that.

Full mage is pretty easy (for Dark Souls, i.e.), except for certain bosses, like the Crystal Sage and Aldrich (which I’m stuck on right now). Hidden Body + Great (Heavy) Soul Arrow + Binoculars let’s you get away with sniping quite a bit. I love being able to sneak through sections the 2nd or 3rd time through too.

Here is what I am looking at getting, opinions on things to remove?

I was going to save up and get Dominions 5 next month, but they got me:

• Thea: The Awakening
  • Seven Years’ War

A Chinese developer actually bothered translating their game into our barbarian language so I have to reward that.

@lordkosc

I only know Salt and Sanctuary from that list. I was hoping for a 2D Dark Souls, and that is kind of what I got, but I discovered I don’t care for that type of gameplay in 2D. It’s just not fun for me.

I’ve only heard of 2 on your list lordkosc, and out of them only played 1. Salt and Sanctuary is OK, I tired of it in about 2-3 hours and never went back.

There is a demo (who does that anymore?!) that let you play the first level. Completing it was enough to warrant I wanted to play that game. It was a quite directive game with some freedom as to solve the succession of puzzles needed to get to the exit. It was much more enjoyable than my lame description may make you think.
I just got it as a gift from an awesome person, so I’ll be sure to report back when I have time to play it further!

I finally got Bulletstorm on sale so I can punch some dicks super hard in their respective dicks.