Holy cats it's SECRET SANTA 2017 (11th ANNUAL)

Ohboyohboyohboy! It’s almost opening day!

We can open on Christmas eve, right? Finally, Dad gets to open a present early too! ;)

Also anxious to see if my Santee likes his stuff!

I reckon Christmas eve is absolutely valid! Looking forwards to seeing everyone’s pictures & presents!

Planning on opening my gifts on the 25th & will hopefully be able to post about it in the evening.

In case anyone was wondering, Christmas Eve is the official time to open presents. You have meatless dinner, then open presents, then go to midnight Mass. Christmas morning is an afterthought. Doesn’t everyone do this?

When I was a kid, we always used to pick one present to open Christmas Eve, then the rest on Christmas morning. Which meant that there was a lot of present-poking, shaking, etc trying to find that one present that you could play with for the rest of the evening. If you opened the socks…Christmas (Eve) fail!

That’s how I do it with my family now because my wife brought along that tradition. One present to keep the kiddies from going crazy all Xmas Eve night.

When we used to do Christmas with the whole extended family in Louisiana, Christmas Eve is when we opened presents from aunts, uncles, and grandparents, then Christmas morning was spent with your direct family (in my family’s case, that was my parents, me, and my grandparents, who we stayed with since my dad was the only member of the clan that had moved away from home) opening those presents.

I’m letting my kid open his Hanukkah gifts on Christmas Eve.

I’m not joking.

-xtien

But but but Hanukkah has been done for days already… You monster!

Well, we usually did the three wise men opening day (January 8th), but lately we have switched to half of them on Christmas midnight (kids don’t go to bed until the presents are brought in by santa) and the other half on the three wise men morning (or that midnight, if there are kids around to “see” the three wise men bringing the gifts - dressing up is fun-) .

I agree that I’m a monster. But he wasn’t with us on the actual days we were lighting candles as he was at his mom’s house. So I still have those gifts for him, and I figured tomorrow morning would be a nice time to open them.

-xtien

Aww you’re not a monster, I was wrong! :)

I received two boxes today. Thanks Santa. Time to wait til Xmas.

No one has opened yet? WHO WILL BE FIRST!?

Not me. Waiting until tomorrow.

Edit: I lied. I just opened my gifts. And let me tell you the wife and I were blown away. Perfection. So I guess I should post pics but I’m a bit drunk and so… tomorrow anyway. Love and kisses to my Santa. You fucking rock! Or some other material. :)

Hey there Rich!

Merry Christmas, man. I had hoped to send you some homemade beer bread mix packets to arrive today, but unfortunately, after messing up my back last week, they just didn’t come together. I’m really glad you liked the rest, though. Maybe those beer bread mixes will still show up eventually :-)

I have as well, and I’m not yet posting because we’re using the benefit of one of the gifts right now and I want action pics.

My own gift(s) was/were unpackaged from their Amazon container for easier transport to the land of the parentals, and then repackaged/wrapped by my gf under very mysterious circumstances. She seemed to think seeing it in a certain way would influence the magic, apparently.

I must live in mystery another 10 hours or so, alas. Suspense is killing me!

Your GF is a good person with a kind heart. Treat her well for doing that, Armando.

My awesome Santa sent a smorgasbord of accessories for my Mavic Pro. There’s a tablet adapter and way better landing gear, but the thing that has me most excited is the new set of whisper quiet blades. Can’t wait to try them out. Thanks Santa!!!

My Santa got me a copy of 7 Wonders : Duel and The Blood Telegram, an event I had no idea about but seems right up my alley when it comes to reading history.

Thanks Santa!