Holy cats it's SECRET SANTA 2017 (11th ANNUAL)

I returned home this evening from a hard day of gaming to find a box bearing the runes “QT3” from a certain “D Tibbs!”

My God, it’s full of beer!

No less than a full dozen cans from various breweries in the Columbus OH area, together with stickers and a hat. I need to start a brewery sticker collection board. Also a matchbox Tesla Model S, so now I can say I have one even though I decided against a Tesla when I was car shopping earlier this year.

Muchos gracias, @ddtibbs! Look for me in the I’m Drunk thread in the coming days. :)

The BEST kind of gift. Cheers!

HAL 9000: Dave? I’m not reading you Dave. Is everything alright, Dave?

::pod radio clicks on::

Dave: Uuuuuurrrrrrrrrrppp!

Hal: That’s not funny, Dave.

I’m a veritable enigma? Dude. I’m the opposite of an enigma! This site is lousy with me writing about stuff! :)

Anyway, yes, your name was signed on the email that arrived with the Amazon.com credit, which is how I knew you were my Secret Santa. I have applied the creid to knock down the price of a copy of Pandemic Legacy 2, so basically, that’s what you bought me. It arrives this weekend! Whee!

On a related note, @fire opened her gifts the other day and I’m kind of hijacking one of them. I shall comment further when she posts about it!

-Tom

This is true! Thank you to my awesome Santa for the generous gifts! I am super excited about them. But I’ll post about them for reals (with pics) in a bit, because @ChristienMurawski has yet to open his. He came down with a nasty flu and hasn’t had a chance to open yet.

@mjgreeny75, I chose Tokaido because I saw a post somewhere that you made saying you were looking for a game you could play with your wife and children. I think this will fit the bill very well. Hope you enjoy it.

P.S. Miniature Market was supposed to include a gift note but I guess they didn’t. I hope they included a gift receipt like I asked and not a full receipt!

I played Tokaido with my son (age 8) and with @ChristienMurawski & @tomchick. It played quickly, was easy enough to understand, and engaged my kid really well. Great choice!

So sorry to hear that. Get well soon, Christien!

we cud NOT wait anylonger - bye totes adorbs penguins!

:O perfect! def enjoy anth HP + Love Letter is a fam FAVE!!

had NOT heard of it b4…super fan of deck building games & this one looks 2b highly rated – gonna love!

not sure who u r yet but THANK YOU SS!! & SS fam! <3 <3 <3
lovely card!

& thank you @fire @Dave_Perkins @Muhlakai – so FUN

Dear Secret Santa –

Sorry about the delay in posting in the thread, just got back into town last night.

Santa brought me some GoT swag…

First:

[URL=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/darmmrad/media/qt3xmas2017a_zpsipzbxa77.jpg.html]

Played a few games already this morning with this, great call!

Second:

And lastly, I’m not sure if this is a picture of Beyond the Wall or just a picture of some beautiful mountains. Either way, it’s great!

The identity of my Secret Santa remains a mystery, so I don’t know who specifically to thank.

But, thank you very much Secret Santa for all the great stuff!

Might want to rehost some of those pics.

Thanks Brooski! I Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, because we do indeed want to try it with the whole family, and somehow we haven’t had a lot of moments this week where we all were in (and not sleeping… :-) ). Based on the other reactions here (and based on its wonderful looks) I’m sure we will enjoy it!

Apologies, I haven’t gotten to opening mine yet. Will do tomorrow!

OK, so I lied. I think I’ll be posting more in the Beer thread!

It was clear from the get-go that my Secret Santa knew what he was dealing with in getting me as his Santee. I glanced at the package and saw it was addressed to me, with a no-name return address. So I figured my gift had arrived. Later I looked closer and started laughing:

I totally missed the “It’s” the first time, which made me realize this was a listener. Probably a longtime listener. So I was pretty excited as I put the gift under the tree.

Now I love that elaborate puzzle box thingy that is above in this thread. It’s really cool. But, my Secret Santa knows me better than this, and realizes my gaming abilities are somewhat…shall we say…limited…

…as he carefully labeled the packages in order of opening. So figuring that out was pretty easy. Thank goodness.

The first gift, labeled “Because Tom always tells you that these are not for you,” was…

I have seen neither of these movies, as it turns out. Some movies are labeled “NFD” (Not For Dingus) by Tom, because he pretty well knows my tastes, and also knows I have limited time to watch things that are not kid friendly. So this confirmed that my Santa was a listener.

Gift #2, labeled, “Good things from my neck of the woods,” was…

Hmm. This person knows I like good coffee, and that I know sports to an extent. Possibly. Santa might just be a Wolverine. That or he knows that Tom might be tortured to see me wearing a sportsball t-shirt around the house.

The last one also had a label on it:

I got pretty excited upon reading this, because it’s a take on a well-worn phrase from what is probably my favorite podcast. Gift #3, then…

That face is sincere, even if I did do it after the fact. At this moment I said, “I think my Secret Santa is @dwinn.” @fire asked how I knew this. I said, “I know that he knows that I love this show!”

I never expected to get merch from my favorite podcast for Christmas. Wow! How cool is that! Then I read the note he put in the box…

…and his identity was confirmed in said very touching note.

Finally, there was only one thing left to do. Refill the box. Which Shadowcat quickly took care of, with Honey standing guard. Honey is upset with me for not getting her busy-bee.

Thank you so much, @dwinn for giving such thoughtful, generous, and amusing gifts. I love them, especially that TK shirt, which fits me perfectly. You rock!

-xtien

“And boom goes the dynamite.”

For two weeks, these have been teasing me with their not openness. Time to rectify this.

Present #1

Light up Tetris shapes? This bears some investigation.

Nifty! These proved to be very popular throughout the season amongst various guests.

Present #2

Extreme Chores! Perfect! The teenager learned all about the value of child labor during Christmas preparations. Now they can be gamified for those addicted to their screens.

Wait! Chores have been replaced with salt water taffy and a cute little drone. Double extra nifty! Now instead of gamifying work, I can use the carrot of candy rewards or the stick of drone attacks! What a happy day for this dad.

Thanks to my mysterious Santee and thanks to @fire for another great Secret Santa Season.

This was a brutally difficult gift to decide upon and assemble. There was a lot of research involved.

@ddtibbs I will confess to being your secret santee. I am relieved to see you show up in this thread!

A couple of people at my office have that Tetris lamp and it is one of the most fun things to fiddle with. And I liked the drone so much I asked my wife to get me the same model for Christmas. I am always on the lookout for a drone that I can actually fly and this one supposedly has a very easy lift off ability… Like press one button and it takes off. Haven’t tried it yet tho.

Also the salt water taffy was procured at a novelty candy store and there are two of each of about 30 different and weird flavors. Things like mojito and blueberry pie… Which may or may not work too well as salt water taffy.

If that’s dwinn’s handwriting, it is exactly the same as Cameron Crowe’s! (See the opening credits to his director’s cut version of Almost Famous and you’ll know it’s true.)

The drone is very easy and stable. I’ve been buzzing the dog with it for a few days, He’s not very happy.

I hadn’t tried the taffy yet. Intriguing!

Thank you very much identified Santee!