Homeworld OST (Redbook audio) free

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/585

Plus just about every other game soundtrack you could want. But everyone needs the Homeworld soundtrack, even if you never played the game. It’s one of the best game soundtracks ever produced. For realz though.

What a great soundtrack that was.

I hate Adagio for Strings.

Remarkable how much some of that Homeworld music sounds to the new Battlestar Galactica music, now that I listen to it again…

That’s because Homeworld IS Battlestar Galactica, only without the trademarked bits.

damn only one song on that site from Mechwarrior 2…

Oh come now, it’s completely different! Homeworld is based on Judaism, while Battlestar Galactica is based on Mormonism.

Thanks for the soundtrack link Post-It. I loved the use of classical music in Homeworld.

That’s not the Adagio for Strings, that’s the Agnus Dei. :-)

Isn’t the homeworld tune the one they used in Platoon?

The Agnus Dei is the choral arrangement of the Adagio for Strings. So they’re basically the same piece of music.

I’ve always been a fan of Freespace II’s soundtracks.

And the Paradox games (Hearts of Iron II, notably) have some great compositions.

An obligatory recommendation for Grim Fandango’s sound track.

http://www.battletechmodproductions.com/dloads_var.shtml

enjoy

Not really Redbook audio if it’s mp3s, is it?

How can you hate classical music? It’s not like it’s some sort of abomination such as, say, country.

Why don’t we have 20 Battlestar Galactica/Homeworld clones? I’m not talking about Freespace/Wing Commander fighter combat in space, but games where you lead your ragtag fugitive fleet to the promised land. We’ve gotten clones of every RTS or FPS paradigm, why not this one?

Why/how are you equating Barber’s Adagio for Strings to the world’s entire repertoire of classical music. Are you cindysueing us?

No, just practicing my internet logic. =(

Oh wait…I guess…yes.

(They play too much country music on the radio station here.)

I bought the Homeworld soundtrack a while ago, cause the music is just that good.

Speaking of copying paradigms, why don’t we have more games in actual 3D space like Homeworld? I loved that.

Can anyone confirm for me my assumption that Sins of a Solar Empire is The New Homeworld? The one with a Strategy Map instead of Puzzle Missions?