Honda Fit Fans!

Since it’s been mentioned on the home page a buncha times, I thought I’d start a thread about one of the best cars ever, the Honda Fit. I’ve had my 2008 blue Honda Fit Sport for over a year now, and I looooooooooooooooooove it.

I also lurk over on the Fit Freak Forums, just to see what other folks are doing with their Fits, and DAMN are people modding their Fits to heck and back, which is neat to see.

So yeah, if you have a Fit, let’s talk about why you love it, or not. ;)

I have a silver 2007 that is the bestest. I was actually thinking about getting a new one this year because I’m tough on cars and mine is starting to look a little ratty, and I thought it would be nice to have built-in Bluetooth. But you have to buy a $2000 navigation system to get BT. Ummm… ya.

It’s nice to have that option, but yeah, just get a BT speakerphone and that should do ya fine. :)

We’ve got a 2009 Fit and we love it. Never have had any problems with it at all, knock on wood. Drives well and didn’t stall out on us when there was flooding around here and the water came up over the hood, which was a MIRACLE.

It’s an awesome little car.

Also, Sports are all stupid. We flip off Fit Sports!

But their spoilers are sooooo awwwweeesoooommmeee!

No, but really, I’m tempted to buy Modern Warfare 3 just to slap C4 on every Fit Sport I see.

Feh, screw you guys, I think Fits WITHOUT the spoilers just look weird. :P PLUS we have those gear-shifty pedals on the wheel which are fairly useless, so THERE! :P

The spoiler is goofy. There’s exactly one thing about the sport I like (and it’s not the upgraded stereo system that could be picked up and installed at Best Buy for about a third the price) and that’s the map lights. Man, I wish we had map lights.

Don’t forget fog lights and keyless entry. ;-)

Honda Fits look like teeny tiny minivans.

There, I said it.

We almost got a Fit (or a Jazz as it’s known over here in hipster-Europe), but Renault made us an offer we couldn’t refuse. Our new neighbour has a nifty red Fit and I sorta envy them… but otoh I let my wife pick colours and there was no way she’d go for red again, so.

I’d love the Jazz hybrid next time around, but chances are that it’s to expensive here and that Honda only wants to lease the Civic and Accord anyway.

Our Fit got rear-ended this week, back end crunched, ~$4,000 in damage. Which the other guy’s insurance is paying for, thankfully, but it’s still pretty goddamned annoying. At least nobody was hurt–I was taking Éamon to day care when we got hit.

Oh lord!! I’m so glad no one was hurt!

Apparently the EV version of the Jazz/Fit is on the way as well, but for lease only at first. :-\

Yeah, we were both fine. We had to transfer the car seat over to our Mustang (and it’s a good thing that it fit–barely–we’ve never used it in that car). Éamon doesn’t seem to mind.

Whew, good. Also a good endorsement of the Fit’s safety.

I’ve heard great things about the Fit, but seriously, I wish they’d make a non-hatchback version of it. I just don’t care for hatchbacks at all.

If for some reason I need to get a new car, my next one will be either a Fit or an Element. I’ve wanted either of those since they came out, but it’s hard to give up a car I don’t have to make payments on.

For my next car, I’d like to get something hip looking like a Fit, but I’m really tempted by the uber-gas mileage of the Focus.

Oh yeah? Well you…look like a…teeny…tiny…minivan…:P

I love that the Fit is a hatchback and just a micro-mini-van that’s easy to drive and park with good gas mileage. Unfortunately for me I needed something a bit bigger so I got the Mazda 5, and if you need something just a tad bigger, the Sienna is great.

But there are obviously some similarities in structure between them…