Honey Time 2018

What is it with that headline?

How does the elephants’ fear save the bees’ lives?

Elephants are notorious for destroying crops, so the idea is that many more people may start creating a bee perimeter to prevent that, thereby supporting bee populations.

I was just being a jerk about grammar, but now I see what you’re saying and I believe you’re correct. But when I read it, I thought the headline intended something like this:

Elephants are very scared of bees. This could save [elephant] lives.

Do you think the intention of the editor who wrote the headline was to refer to the bees? I kinda thought they just dropped the ball. Usually the NYT parses the headlines in a very straightforward manner. This headline feels messy.

You’re probably correct and I agree it’s messy. They perhaps should have just left off the second sentence. Aren’t fear and self-preservation normally linked anyhow?

Hi Brad,

I’d love to try a jar too, but I live in UK. I’m not sure whether it would be practical / ideal for the honey to be shipped that far away. I’d be happy to pay shipping costs.

Whether it works out or not, thanks for keeping up the tradition.

Dang. I just found this topic too late, I assumed it was tips from Brad on balancing time with between your gaming and your spouse. :)

So cool you’re beekeeping, Brad!

Sorry for the lateness.

My sons and I finally finished harvesting the honey. Oye, it’s messy but we got a ton of it!

I’ll be PMing people for snail mail addresses today. I’m pretty much doing it randomly again. I can’t really send it overseas. Sorry!

This is going to take awhile to go through. I’m prioritizing Qt3 patrons and people I know but I should be able to get to most of you before I run out.

Cheers!

b