Horizon Zero Dawn - Postapocalyptic cavewoman vs Zoids

E3 gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM

I think Zero Dawn Horizon makes more sense.

Please, Dawn: Horizon Zero is the way to go.

Or just HoriZeroDawn.

Story Trailer

This continues to impress. I’m getting really excited for this one, even if it’s just Far Cry 5 in terms of gameplay (not that there is anything wrong with that) the setting and the story beats they hint at are pretty fun looking.

I like that the cinematic video fleshed the world a bit more. But I don’t like that it more or less spoil the whole story. This feels like a game that is better to experience blind

Looks like a good voice cast. The bad guy sounded like Crispin Freeman. Ashly Burch in lead role.

Pretty pumped for this one. I can dust off my PS4!

Looks like press got to play a little of this recently, some sort of embargo may have been lifted as I’ve seen hands on stuff from Gamespot and IGN (so far).

IGN had a 12 minute gameplay video w/commentary I’m about to watch.

Interesting comment in that video… “this is what Far Cry Primal should have been”.

I may have to pick this one up.

Since Far Cry Primal was the best game of 2016, thats some crazy stuff to be sprouting.

This game DOES look like everything I want, though.

Jeff Cannata was very positive on it in the new DLC, especially about the 4K HDR version. Described it as a hybrid between The Witcher 3 and Arkham Asylum.

Oh please be good! It would be nice if my PS4 was more than a $400 ticket to play Bloodborne.

Lots of footage out there, sounds like. I was skimming through the NeoGAF thread and there is a ton of discussion and dissection of screenshots, but for my money I was most interested in the excellent .gif files they were putting up. I’ll put a few up myself, but first I also found this excellent series of small bites of gameplay running at 4k on a PS4 Pro. Looks just incredible.

Enjoy!

Night gameplay:

Armor/Outfits:

Stunning lighting effects:

Thanks @Scott_Lufkin! This game went from not on my radar at all to one of my most anticipated of the year just in the last few weeks. I wonder if this will be the game that convinces me to trade in my perfectly good original PS4 for a Pro.

Looks like the review embargo lifted this morning. I’m not linking to any specific ones but it seems to be really well received and there are a lot of superlatives being thrown out in summaries. Really can’t wait for my preorder to arrive now!

88 on Open Critic and Metacritic. This pleases me greatly.

Wow, I don’t remember the last time Jeff Gerstmann liked a video game! :)

Looks like it’s doing really well. PS exclusives often don’t make it to the PC right? On one hand a shame, on the other I’m a bit open worlded out, so maybe just as well for me :)

Usually no. Also Jim Sterling, who is also open worlded out, loves it.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/horizon-zero-dawn-review/

Horizon: Zero Dawn is just brilliant. I speak as a critic who has played more “open sandbox” games than any one human should and has grown so very weary of them. I should have gotten sick of this thing in an hour, but I’ve been glued to it for days and days and I don’t want it to end. I love existing in this world – a world of desperate survival but of growing culture and a sense of hope. A world of giant metal animals that promise some breathtaking fights.

It was just a couple of months ago:

Yeah there are some more negative reviews out there but when sites like Ars Technica get all gushy I take notice (they don’t generally get caught up in AAA hype).